Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kirtland, Ohio....

Saturday morning we got up early and made our way to Kirtland, Ohio where there are a few church hisory sites. I am so grateful for the opportunities that I have had to visit the church history sites living here in the east. It really is amazing to walk in places that a prophet walked and to sit in rooms that the Savior appeared.


Andy and I in front of the Kirtland temple.

Most of the leaves have fallen of of the trees, but every now and then you could spot somthing amazing and bright.

Carlee loving on Tessa on the tour.

Kay Lee taking her turn holding "chubbo".
Porter and Carlee looking at the old checkers board, they wanted to touch it so badly.

Andy walking with the kids trying to keep them excited about the tour.

A scene I thought I would only find in a movie.
The room where Jospeh Smith recieved revelation on D&C 76.

It was such a fun and crazy day!! We drove all over the place and even got lost a few times, but we still had so much fun being together and seeing things that are a part of the history which make us who we are today.

7 comments:

Mike and Em said...

How fun! That is nice that Kaylee is in town. I hope that you guys are having a good time. That is so cool that you guys can go visit those places.

Jennifer said...

Fun! I wish we lived somewhere fun! I love that picture of you and Andy, so cute!

Unknown said...

Wish we were there! Brian has talked about coming out there a bunch lately, so maybe we will soon. I would love to see you guys. And how much does Tessa, who is just the cutest, weigh?

Leymaster Family said...

I love the new picture on the heading of your blog. Totally captures your family!

Lauralee said...

I'm so glad you got to go! There really is a lot to see. Sounds like you had a good time, and nice to have an extra pair of hands.

The Perks of Life! said...

The pictures are beautiful. I wish we were there. We miss you so much. Things just aren't the same when you're not here...

Jon and Tamara said...

Oh my goodness! On that same day, we drove past Kirtland on 90 East at about 3:30pm on our way to my parents house for the 4 day weekend. How amazing that would have been to see you. We miss you guys. Those are some absolutely beautiful pictures. I love that area in the Fall. -Tamara