Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Everything Fall....

We are having such a beautiful fall here in Ohio. Yesterday morning was true fall bliss. Andy was home and we all got up early and started doing "stuff". Andy went out to work in the yard, it had been about a month thanks to the Internal Medicine rotation, I worked on the house and got the kids ready. Andy raked a huge pile of leaves to the bottom of the slide and needless to say, the kids loved it.
Of course I wanted to take pictures of all of the action and fun but I could not find the camera. I went outside and Andy had the camera and he was taking picures of the tree. I thought in my mind that he was crazy and had completly lost it, and then I heard Porter calling my name. I looked all over the yard and could not see him. Then it clicked, Andy is taking pictures of Porter in the tree! Hello, what is Porter doing in the tree!? Who said he could do that or even be big enough to do that?!?!? I was clearly shocked. I qucikly made Porter get down while Andy was laughing and we got him off to school. I spent the entire rest of the day realizing that I have a boy who is clearly getting bigger, stronger, and older, and I am not sure that I am ready to face that.

Anyway, I love this time of year and all of the fun things that it brings. Thanksgiving is coming quick and is making me miss family and friends like crazy. I wish everyone a happy fall.

5 comments:

Jon and Tamara said...

I love it! I used to climb trees all the time as a child and loved having that bird's eye view of the world. Porter looks like he's very pleased and having a good time. I can totally picture Andy laughing. :-) I like the wreath on your front door. Did you make that?

Jennifer said...

Cute post. Cute kids. Cute wreath, I love it. I am so homesick for my family and friends, this is a first for me, living in another state I commend you guys for doing in for so long.

Mike and Em said...

How fun! I am so jealous that you have a house and can do those kind of things. I am glad that Porter is feeling better. I love this time of year.

andrea said...

I love the wreath! That is a great picture too!! Porter is really growing up, he is so tall!

Okie Bloxhams said...

a lot of the leaves here just turned brown and fell off. it has just been warm so long, so that part is very boring since I love the fall colors!! we don't have any trees in our yard either so we don't have any to rake. that's nice compared to the 30-40 bags we did in H2O town,