Sunday, November 16, 2008

The bridges of Ashtabula county....

Saturday we ventured off to Ashtabula County where they are known for their amazing and old covered bridges. We had no idea really where we were headed so the first thing we did was go to the visitor center that happened to be closed. The only thing we found there was a giant zucchini, which did nothing for us but provide a great photo-op for Andy.

Get your head's out of the gutter, it's just a zucchini.

It is amazing how something so old can be so beautiful.
The kids were so good even though they were in the car the entire day. We made a stop at a place called Covered Bridge Pizza which was really good and a lot of fun.
Porter holding his Tessa May, he loves her so much.

Grandma bought the kids each one of those giant gumball that barely fit into your mouth, as you can see.

Grandma Kay Lee in front of my favorite bridge on the "tour".

Andy trying out his photo skills, I don't know why but I love this picture of him.

We did not get any pictures of everyone together because the kids basically slept the whole time, it's okay, I love to take pictures of Andy and I, it means I get to hug him more!

4 comments:

Coil Fam said...

I don't know how many times I couldn't look at Shay today, because every time we had eye contact I wanted to cry. I was missing her before I even left OH. Carlee and Porter both told me they didn't want me to leave. And even though Andy was gone most of the time I was there, I know he was sad to see me leave too, actually I think he was saddest I wouldn't be there to make fried chicken, baked steak or cherry pie. Isn't there a country-western song about "I'd like to 've missed the pain, but then I'd have to 've missed the dance". The past 11 days were a great dance and I think it's a good sign that I didn't wear out my welcome when everyone is sad to see me go. I love you A, S, P, C, and little T.

Kathryn said...

I love the pictures. The old bridges are definitely beautiful. The one thing I loved about Joe being in the Military was all the places we got to live and see. Make the most of everywhere you go. We have made great memories!

-cousin Kathy

Mike and Em said...

What beautiful pics. That zucchini pic is so Andy! Mike will get a kick out of that. I love the pics of you guys in front of the bridges. They are beautiful. I hope that you guys are doing well.

Okie Bloxhams said...

looks beautiful!! and so do all of you!! your kids are growing up too fast.