Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fresh Cut....

On Friday morning we went with some friends to cut down our Christmas tree. It has been a tradition of ours since we got married to cut down our own tree the day after Thanksgiving. It was so cold when we got there and I was not prepared for that, I am in winter denial. The place that we went to was so cool, equipped with a tractor ride out to the tree farm and free hot chocolate. After walking to the end of the field we found our tree. We are trying something new this year and got a softer fluffier tree which I am still debating if I like or not, the ornaments weigh the branches down. I am so happy that we went and got our tree, it really helps it feel like Christmas time and the kids are so excited!

11-29-09 001
Carlee and Ellie on the tractor ride.

11-29-09 018
our tree

11-29-09 023
Dave and Andy showing how strong they are

11-29-09 034
the finished product, we finally have our tree in front of the window (oh and another droopy star.)

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love the way real trees smell!! Sounds like you guys went to an adorable tree farm!!! Your tree looks picture perfect in front of your window.

Jennifer said...

I like the droopy star! It's cute!

Jessie Gold Price said...

Looks great Shay! So fun!

Okie Bloxhams said...

i love it! we are going this weekend, we didnt get to go chop one ourselves last year, and it just wasnt the same!! I love it

Lauralee said...

I like the fluffiness. What fun. I love the smell of real trees. I miss that!