Thursday, December 10, 2009

I earned it.....

Young Women Medallion

A few weeks ago I earned and received my Young Women's medallion. I worked so hard for so long, it is a little weird now that it is all said and done.

For those who are unfamiliar with the Young Women Personal Progress program, let me share a few things. The Personal Progress program is designed so that we can better learn and apply the teachings of Jesus Christ in our lives, prepare us to go to the temple, and to strengthen families. The program has 8 Young Women values that help us to know more fully who we are. It teaches us to make commitments and to carry them out.

In order for a leader to receive the medallion they have to serve in the Young Women program for one year, complete the three required value experiences in each of the 8 values, and complete 3 ten hour value projects. The three projects I completed were to create and grow a garden, start family history, and I also read the Book of Mormon. Doing these three projects really opened my eyes to things that I never thought that I could do.

I never thought I could grow a garden, but I did.
I always thought I had no family history, but I have so much, it is a little overwhelming and very exciting.
I never thought I had it in me to rad the Book of Mormon cover to cover, but I did.

Being in the Young Women has blessed my life in such a huge way. I serve with great women, work with amazing young girls, and share special moments and memories that I am grateful to be a part of.

I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have a testimony that I am a daughter of God and that I have come to this earth with great purpose. I have a testimony that families can be together forever if we are doing the things that we should be doing. I have a testimony of service, prayer, tithing, and reading scriptures. Doing these things have changed my life and helped make me the person who I am today.

8 comments:

Mike and Em said...

Shay, I am so proud of you. That is a huge accomplishment! Love you!

sarah.jones said...

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment.

Summer said...

YAY!! Awesome job!!

Erin said...

Wow shay, you are an inspiration to me and so many others!! I am so proud of you. Now you can look forward to helping Carlee and Tessa earn their young womens medallion. You have a beautiful testimony, thank-you for sharing it.

Erin said...

Oh, and that picture is amazing!

The Perks of Life! said...

That is so cool! I bet your girls look up to you so much for doing that. Sweet testimony and pretty picture. Miss you.

andrea said...

Oh how I love you ;)

Leymaster Family said...

So proud of you! Still sad you didn't tell me about so I could come witness it!