Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Christmas....

We had a great Christmas this year. We were so lucky that Andy had three days off in a row to be with us.

We started out on Christmas Eve having a party (thanks to my friend Lauralee for being so organized) at the church with friends. We invited all of the people who don't have family here and we all brought food, we had quite the spread. Sarah brought sugar cookies, frosting, and sprinkles galore for the kids to decorate cookies and Holly organized the kids doing the Nativity. It was so fun, we just hung out, played games, and ate. After the party we came home opened our Christmas Eve jams and a movie and left cookies for Santa.

12-29-09 003

12-29-09 024

Thanks to my amazing husband, the kids had a wonderful Christmas morning. Andy wrapped every single gift (I have been a little out of order). We had a wonderful Christmas day. We opened gifts, played with toys, took mini naps, played more, eventually showered, went to a friends for a little gathering, put the kids to bed(rather, they put them sleves to bed) and then Andy and I stayed up late playing a little Monopoly the card game (thanks Devin and Andrea!)

12-29-09 028

12-29-09 038

12-29-09 044

12-29-09 051

12-29-09 054

12-29-09 055

All in all it was a great holiday. I love this time of year it brings so much joy to our lives. Thanks to everyone who helped make our Christmas so wonderful and for helping us feel so loved when we are so far away.

Oh, and we finally got some real snow!

12-29-09 069

5 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Finally...your Christmas pictures. I have been checking everyday to see an update. I'm glad you are feeling up to posting. The kids are cute. I love Porter's pirate jams. I forgot what they looked like. And that Barbie van of Carlee's looks like great fun. And Tessa's doll looks just like her. I can't wait to come and play with all the new toys.

Erin said...

What a fun christmas for you guys! Sorry We didn't skype you, that would have made christmas perfect for us! Let's talk to eachother this week, I would love to see everyones new toys on camera. You have such a beautiful family. Good job on making everyone so happy on christmas! Love you!!

D said...

Wow, what a fun Christmas in Ohio. Santa did a good job with the Star Wars game for Porter and the Van for Carlee. Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday.

Love you.

Unknown said...

Sorry to have missed it. It looks like you had a great time. I'm excited to be coming back soon...and to real snow. I hope everything is going well for you.

The Perks of Life! said...

Porter's shark hat rocks! Carlee is beautiful and is really growing up. But I don't want her to because I don't want her to ever lose her accent. Tessa's curls kill me. And I love saying "kill me" because it totally reminds of you. I can always hear you say that. It was so fun to talk to the kids on Sunday. I LOVED hearing them sing. No lie, it made me choke up because it was so cute and innocent. Gosh it made me miss you guys. They were even switching parts and then would both sing together on the loud parts. Shay, we may live 2000 something miles away but it's easy to see that your home is such a happy place. You are such a good mom and I look up to you in so many ways. We miss you and think of you often! Hope you're feeling better.