Friday, November 20, 2009

The big messes are always quiet....

Yesterday Tessa was having one of her more clingy days since she only had about a 30 minute nap. We had a busy morning followed up with taking Porter to school, going back to the school to be in the library (I am the checkout person when Porter's class goes in), back home for a quick nap, and then back to the school to pick up Porter. I had to make dinner at some point so I finally just had to set her down and let her figure something out. While I was making dinner and on the phone with a friend, I realized how quiet Tessa was being and thought it was so great....until I turned around. See for yourself.


11-19-09 006


11-19-09 008

11-19-09 009

A few weeks ago I bought that huge box of hot chocolate from Costco, how can you go wrong with all of that for 5 dollars? Anyway, Tessa loves to open the pantry and see what she can get her hands on, she definetly hit the jackpot. I laughed so hard when I saw what she was doing then turned around to finish making dinner. I did not take the packet away, she was too happy and she was going to get a bath anyway.

7 comments:

Coil Fam said...

You go Tessa girl! Of course, it is in her genetics to love CHOCOLATE, and it just proves what I have always known, there is never a bad time to eat chocolate, even if it is right before dinner. I probably would have sat down next to her and joined right in with the finger licking. YUM!!!!

Erin said...

oh wow, how cute is that! I love that she is drawing pictures in it too!! Good for you for letting her keep it, what a sweet mom. I loved talking to porter and carlee today, they are getting so big! Carlee is such a litte smartie, she sang her thanksgiving song for us and didn't miss a word. Miss you guys!

Okie Bloxhams said...

what a sweetie. we just bought a huge box too! yummy

D said...

Only a great mom will NOT take the chocolate away, and will either join in or take a picture. Shay you are a GREAT mom, and it shows. Jake can't believe how big Carlee Coil is getting. That is what he calls her Carlee Coil. He loved seeing you guys on the computer, he won't stop talking about it. He may not say it, but he sure does miss you guys and so do I.

Chris and Aubrey said...

She truly has been taught well. Skip the bread, and ketchup and go staight fot the good stuff. What an angel. I miss my squishy bear soo much. Love ya.

Coil Fam said...

I forgot to mention the title of the blog, "The big messes are always quiet..." SO TRUE! I always worried the most when they were quiet.

andrea said...

Good girl Tessa! Were you on the phone with me!? Probably. Miss you!!! The title reminds me of two little girls who once got into a lot of markers ;)