Saturday, November 7, 2009

Summer's at my door, literally!!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon while I was folding laundry there was a knock at my door. I looked out the front window and saw my friend Kim's van and just thought "oh, that's cool she is stopping by." I went to open the front door but could not see through the outer glass door because we still have a giant paper Frankenstein hanging on it, although I did notice another pair of feet wearing the exact same shoes I have, but a lot nicer looking and newer. Again I thought "oh, she must have brought Meghan by to visit too." (Meghan is her 15 yr. old daughter who often babysits for us).

I opened the Frankenstein and there was my best friend from high school, Summer, standing there saying Trick-or-Treat!!! I freaked out, shut the door, and started crying. All the while Kim is standing on the porch laughing at me.
I just could not believe it. I have not seen Summer in the longest time. I would have bet a million dollars she was not coming. Summer has 3 kids, a hubby that is working full time and going to school to get a masters degree, I know money is tight. Oh and not to mention she is here without her kids!

Summer has been a great friend for the past 12 years, she has been with me through a lot. It means so much to me that she would come here to visit me, she also came to see us when we lived in Maine.

I feel so loved right now. Lately we have had a lot of visitors of people who love us and care for us. I just want everyone to know how much that means to me. I know how tight money can be (hello Andy does not get paid hourly for is 80+ hours a week he does), I know how hard it is to miss work, school, and put your life on hold to travel, it is not easy. So again, I just need you all to know that your love and kindness means the world to me. You have helped me to feel cared about, loved, and not alone, when I am so far away from all of my family. It is because of you that I have gotten through some of my toughest days.

So now I am off to wake up Summer, I only have her for 2 more days, I need every minutes possible.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Shay I hope you do know how much everybody loves you!! You are so much fun to be around and I am not suprised you have visiters travel so far just to see YOU!