Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Millions of apples, apples for me....

Saturday after Carlee's birthday party we went to Apple Hill to do some apple picking. It was such a beautiful fall day. You know when the sun is out and it feels warm on your face, but you are surprised by the chill in the air so you need a jacket, it was just like that.

I love this picture of Porter and Andin because it completley shows who they are and how they play together all of the time. As soon as we got out of the car and they both saw the tractor for the hay ride, they were in full super hero mode, they were sure it was going to get them. Andin is saying "Awwwww what do we do!!!", and Porter is thinking of a master plan.

Devin holding Cambria and Carlee waiting to get on the hay ride.


These are Carlee's new shoes that I love, yes, they are silver and soooo cute!


The fam on the hay ride.


Porter loves Tessa so much, he always wants to be near her and touching her.
Carlee had her head resting on her hand while we waited to get to the apples, so cute.


Tessa May doing what she does best, smiling.

She is just so chubby, I want to kiss her cheeks all of the time.


I was trying to take a picture of the orchard and all of the rows when Andy jumped in front of the camera, gotta love him.

Andy is such a great dad, he always makes everything funner for us when he is able to come and do things with us. I know that I would never have attempted to put Carlee on top of my head in an attempt to get the perfect apple, Andy just has no fear.

Porter and Carlee loving eachother.

The apples are so amazing right off the tree, it is crazy how with a simple rub on the shirt, it shines so much that you can see yourself in the apple.

I love the photo-op boards, they are so funny and so is Porter.

We had such a great time and got a ton of apples, I don't know what to do with myself and the apples. I need more apple recipes. I love this time of year and how it gives more opportunities to do fun things as a family. I also love seeing other peoples blogs with their apple picking pictures, so much fun!

8 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Yeah! I check the blog several times a day and always get excited when there is a new update. My observations:
1. Tessa is HUGE and her smile is gorgeous. Thanks for putting that picture in. I can't decide who she looks like, so I guess she looks like Tessa. She is beautiful.
2. I see that Porter got his head in the hole of the picture board, but was he able to get it out. His head is so big. It reminds me of Andy. I had to buy turtleneck shirts 2 sizes bigger, just so he could get his head through.
...and last of all
3. Shay, I love you for keeping the blog going. It helps me so much to see the everyday life of PCnT.
love, me

Mike and Em said...

What a fun, fun day! I am jealous! That looks like a blast! I love this time of year. There are so many fun things to do together. I can not believe the chub! Tessa is such a cute baby. I just want to kiss those cheeks. I love her smile. I love Carlee's new shoes, very cute!

The McClellan Family said...

Your kids are beautiful! This is Andy's cousin Jorelle. Just thought I'd say hi!

Summer said...

So, why does it not surprise me you have Stevie as your opening song. Totally takes me back in the day..... awww memories! We just got those silver shoes for Ken for Ashlyn's blessing. Funny, and they are her favorite, she wears them ALL THE TIME!! Looks like a ton of fun, wish I knew a place around here to pick apples. Maybe when JD only has 2 classes instead of 3. Can't wait until this semester is over and I see my husband!

Lauralee said...

I love that picture of Carlee with her hand resting on her cheek! That is so cute! You have very cute kids.

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

hey cousins found ya

Okie Bloxhams said...

looks like a ton of fun. we did that in Mexico, NY one year. I would love to find a place around here. it's so much fun for the kids. your kids are so sweet.

Kathryn said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I absolutely love blogging because we can keep in touch so easily. Your family is beautiful. Those pictures were great. I wish we had apple trees here. How fun!

-Cousin Kathy