Sunday, September 14, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame....

Friday night was our first ever Cleveland Indians Major League Baseball Game. I surprised Andy for his bithday. Actually his birthday is not for a few more weeks, but the Indians season ends next week, so this was the only time that we could go. I told Andy about the game when he came home and was asking what we had going on because he really wanted to go to the father/son campout and he proceeded to get things ready for the campout, finally I just handed him his new Indians shirt that I just bought him and said "this is what we have going on." He said thanks and put the shirt in his dresser. I had to point out that I gave him the shirt because we were going to a game. He finally caught on. So, our friends Devin, Andrea, Andin, Cambira, Dave, Anne, Ellie, and Hank came with us. It was so neat to walk into the ballpark with all of the lights and fans cheering, it really puts you in the mood to cheer too.

The whole crew right when we got there, from left: Anne and Hank, Dave, Ellie, Shay and Tessa, Andy, Porter, Carlee, Andrea and Cam, Devin and Andin.


Carlee, Ellie, Cam, Porter, and Andin checking out the action while the parents tried to find the seats.

Tessa chillin' in the "granola crunchie" baby sling.

I loved being at this baseball field. It was so neat to be right in the middle of the city surrounded by all of the tall buildings.

The fam watching the game.

Porter and Andin eating peanuts.

The girls Carlee, Ellie, and Cam "watching" the game.

Daddy and Porter cheering after a home run.

A shot of the field, I love how amazing the grass is, it's soooo green!


Tessa smiling big showing off her dimple.

After each home run they do fireworks, it is so exciting and the kids loved it.

I think that my favorite moment of the game was when they played the song "Take me out to the ballgame". Andy and I would sing that to Porter so much when he would take a bath when he was a baby. So as soon as I heard the music and everyone started singing, I immediatley looked over at him to see if he would catch on. Porter and I made eye contact and saw the twinkle, he knew the song. I jumped up out of my seat and grabbed him and we sang it at thr top of our lungs! We almost didn't go to the game that night because it was raining all day long, but we went anyway and we were rewarded, it was a beautiful night.

1 comment:

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.