Monday, September 8, 2008

Pre-school, here he comes!

P-man had his first day of pre-school this morning, yes, I was trying not to cry. He is so amazing, he was not concerned at all. As we were getting ready this morning he was singing a song he learned at church called "I love to see the temple". He knew all of the words, which made me even more sad, but in a happy way. As we were getting ready to go outside so that I could torture him with the camera he asked me if I was going to leave him there at the school. I said yes, but only for a short while. He looked down at the ground and said "but what if I get lost in the halls walking to my class?" Porter thought I was just going to dump him off at the curb, NEVER!! Anyway, Porter walked right in and went and found his name on the rug and sat down. One of his teachers noticed him and went right over and gave him a big hug, I had to take a deep breath, just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. After they went in to the class and shut the door Carlee and I stood there and watched. They have the one way glass (I think that is what it's called), so we can see them but the kids cannot see us, pretty neat. As Carlee and I were walking out, she said "mom, let's go get Porter." She was missing him already.

1 comment:

Coil Fam said...

Porter, you are so lucky to have a mom to take care of you. I like the picture of you in front of the lion. It looks like you are roaring. Thanks for letting your mom take your picture, so I could see how handsome you were on your first day of school in Ohio. I love you, Grandma Kaylee