Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July and other things....

Here are the kids as of this morning before we headed out the door to church. They were so excited about today being the 4th of July but not to happy about the fact we would not be making it to any parades. I understand their disappointment, it feels weird it being the 4th and not going to sit on the side of a curb cheering, listening to the local school bands, and hoping that we get some candy thrown our way. But that is how it goes here in Ohio when the two parades we knew about locally were happening during the time we have church. Oh well, there is always next year. But on a side note, I am awesome because I bought them a box of Pop-Its! to do this morning, I know, pretty sweet.

7-4-2010 017

7-4-2010 018

7-4-2010 024

So, what has been going on with us...not much really. Andy has officially started as a third year resident and is loving being in the ER again this month, then again next month. (Today when we got home from church and were ravenous in the kitchen he was wanting to open a bag of chips but needed the scissors. I was in front of the drawer where the scissors were so I got him the scissors and as I handed him the scissors I said "here doctor". I thought I was pretty funny trying to be like a nurse in surgery handing the doctor his instrument, I know I am not the only one who has ever done that. You had to be there I am sure but it really was funny with him being in scrubs and all about to leave to go to the hospital.)

We have been hitting the pool as often as we can. It feels so nice to get into a cool pool and feel free of the heat and humidity and to feel weightless, which I am so not right now. The kids and I are getting some crazy tans even though I am using SPF 50 religiously even on myself. And for those who know about the hand print sunburn on my leg which Andy calls leprosy, I would like to report, that is fading.

I have been crazy with the towel bags and am thinking about applying to be in a craft fair thing that happens to fall on my birthday this year and is only 10 days before my due date, so who knows.

More babbling.....I am grateful for today and the awesome holiday which we celebrate. I love that it fell on a Sunday and I was able to go to church and think more and more about the freedoms that we have and why we have them. I am also very grateful for the men and women who sign away their lives to fight for our freedoms every day. I am so happy and filled with joy when I think about my sister-in-law and her husband who is home for two weeks from Afghanistan. And lastly I am so grateful for our beautiful American flag, seriously, it is so pretty.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!!!

2 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Porter is so handsome and the girls are beautiful. I love it when you update the blog. We missed you at the parade and fireworks, but as Matthew pointed out, just one more 4th of July and then you are home. Now that's a happy thought!!!

Leymaster Family said...

So cute! I have been thinking about you a lot lately. We went blueberry picking and I remember very well those yummy berries we picked last year. Also notice on our blog Ellie is wearing her 4th tutu again this year. Yes it moved with us. Miss you guys! Coming out anytime soon? I guess we will have to wait for the baby to arrive first!