Thursday, July 22, 2010

Two Years Ago Today....

I was at the hospital wearing a hospital gown and getting ready to pee in a cup, just part of all the lovely preparations to being induced. Andy was with me and we were laughing thinking about past memories of me being in the bathroom at the hospital pre-labor with Porter and Carlee, awwwww, good times. Porter and Carlee were home with their Grandma Kay Lee waiting for us to have the third addition to our family, the one that I thought would be the last. The day was long and hard, starting with many pokes trying to get the IV started (I have bad veins), then many more pokes to get the epidural (apparently I have a bad back too), but all of that bad stuff disappeared from my mind as soon as I saw her, it was amazing. I had no idea what an amazing child she was going to turn out to be. I had no idea her eyes would be so blue and stay that way (YEAH!!), or that her hair would be so blond and curly, or that she would be talking so well before she was even two, or that she would have so much control over her Daddy, or that she would call me "Mama" instead of Mommy. I love our little Tessa May. I am so grateful to be her mommy, to get her hugs and kisses, and to give her her first hug every morning. Happy Birthday baby girl, we love you.


7-9-2010 010

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

That was such a fun day. I will always remember Porter holding her for the first time. He was so gentle and whispered softly into her ear. We all fell in love with her instantly. We are lucky to have her in our family. Her curly blond hair, big, blue eyes and charming personality melt my heart. She is loved!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Miss Tessa May!! That is such a sweet picture, love the smile, blue eyes, blond hair such a cutie! Love you Tessa!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Tessa! She is so cute and her personality is perfect. I too love her blue eyes and I'm glad to see you didn't cut her blond curls off.