Friday, July 9, 2010

Documentation of a summer day in Cleveland....

It started out with picking blueberries with some friends at a farm not too far from home. I am not a blueberry fan, but there is something different about a blueberry picked fresh and a little warm from the heat and humidity, I ate at least a handful.

7-9-2010 002

7-9-2010 003

7-9-2010 004

7-9-2010 006

As soon as we decided it was too hot to be outside anymore it was off to the pool, our home away from home. Only this time the pool was different because Carlee passed the swim test!! You have to pass the swim test to go down the slide and do the diving boards if you are under a certain height. I never imagined that my little girl, who spent most of last summer in a cast on the side of the pool, would be swimming as well as she is and diving to the bottom of the pool to retrieve the army guys Andy throws in. I am raising fish here at this household, it's all good, I always wanted to be a mermaid myself, and it is fun when I see Carlee trying to swim like one too.

7-9-2010 014

7-9-2010 016

7-9-2010 018

7-9-2010 019

We camped at the pool all day, eating pizza there for dinner, hanging with firends, until there was an announcement of a "brown out" (the second night in a row), after that we decided to call it quits, we were spent.

4 comments:

Leymaster Family said...

Who's the new family? Bay Villagians perhaps. More people for the pool with you! Yeah!

Mike and Em said...

How fun. I am jealous. Looks like so much fun. How are you feeling? I need to call you. Mike has our cell phone all of the time at work (he got a new job!) If you get a chance, give me a call. I would love to chat. I miss you guys. Love ya,
Em

Erin said...

Summers days in cleveland sound fabulous! I would love to go pick fresh blueberries some day, sounds delicious! We love the pool too, congrats to Carlee in passing her swim test.

Coil Fam said...

I love the thought that there are Viewmont Viking alumni raising their families together in OH. I'm so glad that you have such good friends.