Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tessa's fish birthday....


We had a wonderful birthday party for Tessa yesterday, it was soooo much fun! I went with a fish theme because she has become quite the little swimmer this year and she loves goldfish crackers. The weather was a little more extreme than expected, it was 90 something degrees before 10 o'clock in the morning and 100% humidity, but we got through it. We got out the kiddie pool and the slip n' slide and just let the kids have at it. Tessa had a great time and did a great job blowing out her candles and opening her presents. The funny thing about the gifts is that she thinks they belong to the person who gave them to her. For example, her friend Moses gave her an awesome top, and she kept saying it was his and would not play with it until I convinced her it was hers and it was okay.


7-23-2010 006
Me and my birthday girl.

7-23-2010 008
Simon and Carlee.

7-23-2010 004
Carlee playing on the swing set.

7-23-2010 013
Andy bought a bunch of the "sponge in a capsul" things and put them in the pool for the kids.

7-23-2010 016
Tessa's friends.

7-23-2010 020
The cake....was inspired by a cupcake I saw, so I just changed it to a cake.

7-23-2010 026
The cupcakes

7-23-2010 023
I love this picture of Tessa blowing out her candles.

7-23-2010 027
Porter was such a great big brother and sat by her the whole time making sure that things went well. He was also in charge of a fishing game that we did.

7-23-2010 032
Tessa loves sunglasses, especially at the pool, she got two really cute pairs.

7-23-2010 037
This was the face Tessa made the whole party, it was so funny, and just so her.

Thank you to everyone who was able to come and who helped out, we really appreciate your love and support. Tessa had a great time! And thank you to my friend Lauralee who made the super cute invite.

7 comments:

Coil Fam said...

What a happy birthday for the cutest 2 year old ever! What a lucky little girl to have so many people to love her. I'm glad the wagon arrived.

Leymaster Family said...

Awww! I have tears in my eyes! Oh how we miss Tess May, especially her boyfriend Hank. Wish we could have been there! Happy Birthday Tessa. We miss you guys. Come visit us soon!

Erin said...

Shay, you should totally open your own pary planning business. Everything is adorable, I especially love the cake! Tessa is just too cute in her swim suit and sunglasses. I'm glad she had a fabulous day!

andrea said...

I am just dying! I have tears too....just like Anne. It's so weird seeing it all keep happening and not being there for it. Tessa is so huge and so adorable and so blonde!! I think you look AMAZING, and I LOVE the cake! I have seen the cupcakes you got the idea from and I think that is pretty clever to turn it into a cake! Love it all and love you.

Madison Joy said...

that is cute shay!!!!! tell tessa may i said hi! miss u. love madi

Mike and Em said...

FUn, fun party! That girl has a lot of friends. She looks adorable. I love her suit. What a cute, cute cake. You are so creative. I love it. Give her big hugs and kisses on those cubby cheeks for us. We love and miss you guys. Keep us informed for when the baby comes. Love you!

sarah.jones said...

Your fishbowl cake turned out so cute! Happy belated birthday to Tessa!