Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Humid....

The heat and humidity have been killer the past few days, making me more and more grateful for air conditioning and our pool pass. Yesterday when Andy was out in the yard working on the fence we set up the pool for the kids to play in. I had one of the "who cares" moments and walked up to Porter and splashed him as much as I could. I was obviously out numbered and got completely soaked but I didn't care. It was all about living in the moment and being the best and funnest mom that I could possibly be. It is experiences like these that help me to see the picture more clearly and to see how amazing my children are and help me to remember how lucky I am to be able to be home with them and to be with them all of the time. I hope that as each year continues to pass so quickly that I can have more "who cares" moments like these and enjoy Porter, Carlee, and Tessa more.

8-11-09 015

8-11-09 016

8-11-09 019

9 comments:

Coil Fam said...

My grandkid's mom's are the best ever! Thanks for loving and living every moment with joy. My grandkids are the best, because of their moms.

Chris and Aubrey said...

That is awesome. Love those moments.

Aubs

Jessie Gold Price said...

I love this Shay! You are such a cute mom! Love ya and miss ya!

Jill said...

That's about how drenched I was because of the humidity and I wasn't playing in a pool! This weather is disgusting! You are such a fun mom! Thanks for your insight about living in the moment - I definitely need to do that more often!

danilawson said...

Those are the moments we live for each and every day. You are such a good mom. Love you, and comment on my blog its been 3 months sence you have written me and I miss what you have to say.

The Perks of Life! said...

Shay you are such an awesome mom! It's easy to see that your kids love you so much! And that picture of Carlee is gorgeous! She is so beautiful. That picture will be a cute one to put in a wedding video 18 years from now. That is kind of a random thought but I'm sure she'll appreciate all of your talented picture taking skills one day, one day like when her and her fiance will put together their wedding video. And also, thanks for your comment on my blog. It's funny that you said Caleb and I reminded you of you and Andy about you and your friends because not even kidding you, Caleb and I had the exact same conversation last night about you guys and all of your awesome friends that you are so close with.

Erin said...

That is so fun!! You are one of the funnest people I know.

andrea said...

I have those who cares moments all the time too....they are the best times, I don't understand up tight moms. :)

Mike and Em said...

Those are the most memorable moments ever! You are such a good mom. I am sure your kids have lots and lots of memorable moments because of you!