Monday, August 24, 2009

Chicago....

This past weekend we had a great opportunity to meet Andy's brother and his wife and kids in Chicago. We were so lucky that Andy was able to switch his schedule and have two days off in a row, so we left Saturday morning at 6 and came home Sunday night at 11. I had no idea how amazing Chicago was, I have never been to a city that big. Parking was crazy there, you either pay 14 dollars an hour to park or find a place on the street and pay 2 dollars an hour (we chose on the street). We met up outside of the Disney Srore along the "Magnificant Mile", which really is magnificant. My favorite store there was the American Girl Place, it was huge, and Carlee picked up her first American Girl Doll named Elizabeth (it has not left her side for two days)! It has every store you could ever need and Andy and I were so strong and did not buy a thing! Then we ate some pizza, that is a must when you are in Chicago, headed back to the hotel dumped bags, then went right to Lego Land. Lego Land was awesome. My favorite part is the farting guy as you are buying your ticket, it's random but really funny. After all of the excitment ended there we went back to the hotel for some swimming followed up with a sleepover in our room. Emry did great for her first time, luckily Mike and Erin were right across the hall. The next morning we went to the Sears tower that is no longer the Sears tower but I cannot remember the name. It really is tall but ugly if you ask me, it's just a big black thing. Then we headed over to Millenium park where the "bean" is located and the spitting water fountain is (clearly I do not remember the name of anything right now). After lunch it was time to say goodbye, which I am not good at. It had been so long since Andy and Mike had seen eachother, too long. It is just so sad sometimes for me to think about all of the people that I love and who hold a place in my heart. I wish I could see them whenever I want, but I know that is not realistic. I am so grateful for the short two days that we had to be with our family. We love you Mike and Erin and we had a great time, thanks for everything.

Here are a few of my favorites followed with a slide show....

The Group

Mommy and Carlee

8-24-09 147
I love the couple in the bottom left of this picture. They were sitting there for a long time holding hands and I thought it was so cute I had to include them in the shot. As I watched them I was hoping that would be Andy and I in 40 years, still traveling, holding hands, and taking time to look at the beautiful things in this world.

8-24-09 169

8-24-09 140

8-24-09 135

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Where do I start? Tessa has another tooth and enough hair for a pony tail, Carlee has a new friend named Elizabether and Porter looked like he was in heaven at Legoland. Emry and Amelia look SO much older and I can tell Emmie was glad to be with her cousins. I thought about our 2 boys being together and how grateful I am for the love they share. Their relationship will only get stronger over time. What a wonderful blessing that they have each other. Though they may not see each other often right now, the time will come when they will share more time together. Each moment creates a stronger eternal bond. Thanks Erin and Shay for supporting them so they could see each other.

Erin said...

I loved Tessas pony tail!! She is such a sweet baby. On our way home mike was telling his friend from Singnapore(sp?) how Andy was his only brother and how much he loved and missed him. Thanks for making everything work for them to see eachother. It was so great seeeing you too! What a fantastic weekend. Love you!!

Ps your pictures are way better than mine:)

Lauralee said...

fun fun, there is a lot in Chicago. Love the bean. Great shot of the sears tower-it seems to go on forever.