Thursday, August 6, 2009

Feeling Blue....

The kids and I went blueberry picking on Tuesday and it was so much fun. The weather was not to hot, a little humid, and overcast, perfect for being out in the open sun. I love picking blueberries, it also brought back memories of the first time I did this when we lived in Maine, and Porter ate so many of the bush (he was about 17 months old) and has the most terrible diaper afterward. Anyway, enough about poop. Carlee was such a trooper hobbling around on her broken leg doing her best to fill her red basket. Tessa being the snooty eater that she is was not sure at first if she wanted to try the blueberry but after she got that taste in her mouth I couldn't give them to her fast enough. We picked a total of 2 pounds and paid five dollars. Is that a good price I don't know, but it seemed reasonable. It has been so fun to have the blueberries in the fridge, I love seeing the kids open the door and eating a handful, it is much better than a handful of candy.


8-6-09 009

8-6-09 012

8-6-09 013

8-6-09 020

8-6-09 016

8-6-09 025

8-6-09 024


7 comments:

Erin said...

I love blueberries! Those are amazing pictures, you should be taking pictures for a magazene. You are seriously that good. So excited to see you guys!

D said...

What a fun family outing. That is such a great idea, I wonder if they have anything like that around here. Anyway, the pictures really are amazing and Erin is so right, you could get paid for these. And miss Tessa May is beauitful, you should get a big one of that and send it to mom for her wall.

Chris and Aubrey said...

How fun. I remember mom and dad buying boxes of frozen blueberries and the boys and I would eat them up. Nothing like fresh though. Wish we could be there to pick and enjoy with you.

Coil Fam said...

Fantastic pictures! What a fun outing. Kids are so used to buying food of the shelf that they don't even think about where it actually comes from. Tessa's hair is looking so cute. Way to go Carlee. Tell Porter we can call him "buckethead" now.

Okie Bloxhams said...

so cute. the kids are growing up way too fast. looks like a fun time. miss you

Leymaster Family said...

Great pics! We had fun with you. Any good berry recipes. As you know I have too many of them!

andrea said...

Oh so fun! I loved doing that in Ohio. Love the pictures, especially the one of the bucket of blueberries! I love how blueberries glisten in photos, they are so pretty. I just got some at this amazing farmers market we have here for 69 cents a pint. It was an awesome deal, but we didn't get to pick them!