Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"A Great Monday"....

Last week we had a good Monday, the sun was shining, it was hot, and we were busy. It started with Porter going to school and then when I picked him I told him that we were going to the zoo, he was so excited. I love surprising him like that and it saves me from the "are we going to the zoo yet?" questions. It also brings back memories of when my mom would surprise me on the way to school and we would end up at Disneyland!! It was the best! I know the Cleveland Zoo is not the same as Disneyland, but still I felt cool.

5-5-09 006

5-5-09 016

5-5-09 021

5-5-09 024

After the zoo and recovering from the heat at home, we surprised Dad and took him to 7-eleven for a Slurpee. In Utah 7-eleven's are everywhere and we took advantage of always having one close by and we really miss that. I think Slurpee's are one of Andy's favorite things. When we were dating we would always go and get a Slurpee and then go to the park and swing and talk, didn't everyone. We took our Slurpee's to the Rocky River park/beach and just played, it was so fun.

5-5-09 033

5-5-09 043

5-5-09 040

5-5-09 039

5-5-09 048

Later that night when I was talking to Porter about how the day went he asked "Mom, what is today?" I said "Today is Monday Porter." He then said "Today was a great Monday." And a great Monday it was.

3 comments:

Okie Bloxhams said...

I love the sunset one and the chubby babies playing together.

Coil Fam said...

I love the sunset picture too. You are doing an amazing job with the photography. I am so excited everytime I see an update on your blog. It helps ease the homesickness of not seeing you for months at a time. love you, me

Leymaster Family said...

Love the pics. Only wish mine looked that good. I need those, can you email them to me?