Sunday, April 26, 2009

Only in the Mission Field....

Today we had the awesome opportunity to witness a baptism in Lake Erie, unbelievable and something you would only find in the mission field. We are friends with the Kevesdy family and their son Keegan, who is now 8, was baptized today and to make it even cooler, their older son Jack who turned 16 last week baptized him. It was supposed to be at the church like normal but the font was not draining properly, so hey, why not move it to the lake. Crazy but so amazing. It was so cool to walk down and see all of these people gathered by the water to witness such a special ordinance.

It is things like this that just strengthen my testimony. I love being here in Ohio and being a part of things like this. I love being a part of the Lord's true church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I love what moving out of our comfort zone in Utah has done for Andy and I and our little family, I love my ward family, I love the opportunity's that I have to serve others everyday because of the gospel, and I love my savior for doing what he did for me.

4-26-09 008

4-26-09 016

4-26-09 018

4-26-09 030

4-26-09 032

9 comments:

andrea said...

AMAZING!! I wish I could have been there! You got some amazing shots, the Kevesdy's will be super happy to have those forever!

Erin said...

Those pictures are beautiful! You have such a talent. I'm glad you are so happy in Ohio. It sounds like a wonderful adventure.

The Perks of Life! said...

Wow, that is so cool! I showed Caleb the picture of the brothers in the water and he said "Whatever, that picture is from a magazine." I second Andrea, AMAZING!!! You have a talent for taking pictures. What a neat experience.

Coil Fam said...

Seriously you should send the picture of them in the lake to the church magazines. I can't believe how beautiful it is. They are glowing. Do you think the camera can ever pick up the glow that comes from the Spirit? If so, you got it in that picture. WOW! It gives me chills!!!!!!

The Perks of Life! said...

I was thinking today, you should send that picture and story into the Friend or the New Era... and apparently my Mom thought the same thing. That's two people who think that, one being a seminary teacher. Maybe there's a reason why we're thinking that. Plus, you're such a fabulous writer and that's an AWESOME story and picture!

Lauralee said...

those pictures are gorgeous! It was pretty cool. I agree with the comments on sending them into the church magazines :)

Coil Fam said...

I just have to comment again. What great pictures! I love that you have the Kevesdy family there for you. Jack is a great kid and I know Porter looks up to him. So, congrats to the Kevesdy family for having such a great experience and to you for capturing that moment in time for them to always remember it.

Kevesdy Clan said...

We would like to thank the Coils for the most memorable pictures ever. We couldn't have picked a more perfect day for the font to be broken. I too feel that Jack and Keegan have a glow in the picture. Thank you Shay for sharing your talent with us and Andy for watching the kids while she shared...

Leymaster Family said...

You are a great photographer. I cannot believe you got that shot, AWESOME! And even without the help of photoshop. A true photgrapher!Definitely Ensign worthy!