Thursday, April 9, 2009

By the light of the moon....

Last night when I was walking out of the church I could not believe how amazing the moon was. It was so bright and had the weird orange tint around it. As soon as I got home I got my camera and the kids (who should have been in bed) and we went outside to take a few shots.

Being outside at night made me excited for the summer time and laying on the grass looking up at the stars, fireflies, fires in the backyard, and smores! It also brought back many memories of when Andy and I were dating and we would just lay out on the grass under a blanket and talk for hours.

Last night also had me wondering if the moon looked like this everywhere or if it was just us because of the clouds or something. I was thinking about the movie An American Tale, you know with Fivel, and the song he sings with his little mouse sister Somewhere Out There, I love that song. I was having a "somewhere out there moment" wondering what all of my family and friends were doing and if someone else saw the same moon.

6 comments:

t. caleb perkins said...

Caleb and I saw the moon 2 nights ago but it didn't look as good as your picture. I love your post. It brings back good memories for me too. I hope you can come to Utah this summer so we can all lay and look at the stars and the moon. So all I've been thinking about this week is Moab! I wish we were all there. Thanks for the good times there.

t. caleb perkins said...

And this is lauren.

andrea said...

You were thinking about me weren't ya ;)

D said...

Wow! That is the coolest picture ever. You are such a good photo taker. Love you.

PS I am glad that was Lauren and not Caleb, becuase I thought wow, Caleb is no longer Black! Just Kidding, I could see more of Caleb's softer side. Love ya T. Caleb. D out! Now who's black? Whoot Whoot!

Erin said...

Beautiful picture. A couple of summers ago when I had to get up way early in the morning to take my mom to the airport we saw the moon and talked about the same song "somewhere out there". I love thinking that no matter how far apart you are from the people you love, they are sharing the same moonlight as you. Cute post, and good for you for letting the kids stay up, I'm sure it was special to them too.

andrea said...

PS i love your new profile pic..you are one sexy mama :)