Monday, April 13, 2009

A crazy Easter weekend....

I will start with Easter and work my way back. Easter was weird, Andy was working so I was feeling kind of alone, we had no plans with anyone for Easter dinner which was totally weird, not like us at all. I was missing friends and family like crazy.


The morning started out great, the Easter bunny left us a note saying that he would come that night when our dad was home, so the kids understood why the Easter bunny didn't leave them a basket that morning. For some reason I think the kids feel Easter is like Christmas. We got ready to go and visit Andy at the hospital, which is very rare (we have only been there 2 times in the while 10 months he has worked there), so the kids were so excited about that. After the hospital we headed straight to church.

Thank you to my friend Emily who made the flowers for the girls, they were perfect!

After we came home from church the kids and I played Animal Crossing because it was Bunny Day and there were eggs hidden all over the town, it was fun. Then soon after Andy came home and we ate a thrown together dinner and after we ate the "EB" came!!





I love their surprised and excited faces here, sooo cute!

Porter totally missed the eggs that he was standing on top of and then Carlee came right in to sweep them up...On Saturday we had a great PARTY here at our house. Anne put it all together, we just supplied the location. Everyone brought food and eggs and the kids had a blast.


I made these cake pops that I found on Bakerella, they are sooo cute and very tasty!






Lauralee and I, I could not have made them without her help, thanks!!

I love this picture of Sadie coming down the climbing wall and she has no idea that she is landing on her sister Claire, they are the cutest girls.

Clearly there was a lot of playing action, swords, swings, and screams.

Porter was the first one to finish his lunch and to get a cake pop, of course he chose the sparkly blue one.

Mitchell and his awesome curls.

The men (minus Andy =( ) ....it was their job to hide the eggs.

Sweet baby Moses, he is so sweet and was so cute to watch when it was time to look for eggs, I think he was more into walking on the grass.

Ellie with her cake pop.

On Friday night I hosted the Young Women sleepover, it was awesome, a little crazy, but still a ton of fun. I love working with the girls, they are all so special and unique. We played DDR, read scriptures for the BOM challenge, ate tons of food, did face masks, made friendship bracelets, watched Bedtime Stories, and laughed, it was great.

So as you can see, I had a very busy weekend, but it was very fun and entertaining. It makes me so grateful for this journey that Andy and I are on right now. We have been to some amazing places and met some amazing people that are so important to me. It is so awesome to know that we still have so much of our journey to venture on... this is only the beginning.

9 comments:

Mike and Em said...

Shay! You crazy, busy girl. I am glad that you had a good Easter. THe girls clips look so cute with their dresses! Thank you for the sweet letter you sent to me. You are the best. Thanks for being such a good friend. I love the cake pops that you made. Were they easy? I am glad that you had a good Easter. Love you!

Lauralee said...

I love the picture of Carlee in her blue dress. That expression is GREAT! The party was perfect at your house too! Thanks for letting me help out. You are amazing.

andrea said...

All the kids look so cute and so much older! And the YW...I think I am going to cry I miss them so much! I love the picture with Porter being all rocker...such a cool kid. I am so glad you are loving animal crossing and that it can keep you busy when you're feeling lonely...I only wish I could! I wish we could have been there for the party and the sleepover...I am so sad!

Coil Fam said...

Wow! That was a great update. Lot's of pictures, fun faces, new clothes, fancy hair, yummy treats, great memories. I think my favorite picture is Carlee in her Easter dress. She is gorgeous. The cake pops are awesome. D and I are going to make some for Shannon Whipple's shower.

D said...

Shay, I can't say it enough how adorable you sweet family is. I love the pictures. The girls look so cute and Porter looks so BIG. I can't believe that they are growing up so fast and were all missing it. That is why blogging is such a wonderful thing, it keeps us all in touch even when your miles and miles away. I love you and can't wait to try the cake pop's. Hope they turn out as cute as yours. Thanks for the tips. Love ya! D

Leymaster Family said...

Shay, all I can say is that you really rock (and your husband is a fast runner). Thanks for throwing the easter bash!

sarah.jones said...

Thanks for letting us use your house - it was a fun party. And I loved the girls' Easter dresses. It constantly amazes me how you can get everyone all dressed up and ready for church while Andy's at work and look totally relaxed when you get there early!

Okie Bloxhams said...

you're awesome Shay!!
looks like you had a fun time.
The kids all looked so cute in their easter attire!

kannan said...

Lovely kids!