Friday, January 30, 2009

It's P-Man's Birthday!

I cannot believe that Porter is 5 years old today, I feel like I missed him being a baby. Time just passes so quickly, but at the same time I love it. Porter is the most amazing little boy, so strong, tall, happy, helpful, and funny, he truly adds so much joy to my life. It is crazy to look back at pictures of Porter in the NICU to now, with him climbing in trees, carrying Tessa, and drawing amazing pictures. Porter in the NICU, one of my favorite pictures of him and a moment I will never forget, walking into the dark room and the only light was coming from his bed.



Porter with his "rocker" hair that he loves.
The picture that hangs above my bed that Porter drew of our family.

A picture of Porter and Tessa that he drew and then taped it to the wall in her room, knowing that he did that makes my heart melt.


This morning I made him french toast because it is his favorite and when I walked in the living room to tell him I had made it for him he said "but I wanted cereal", I about died. All part of being a mom, but because he has such a tender heart he ate the french toast and cereal (thanks bud for not making me feel bad). He is very confused about today. I asked Porter weeks ago if he wanted a party and he said no, that he just wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese with Andin, so a few nights ago we did that. But this morning he keeps asking me when people are coming over for his birthday and he will say "mom, so today I am five right?" So if anyone reading this thinks they can make it over today, I am sure Porter would appreciate that.
Porter wanted a superman party so my friend and I made these capes for the kids to wear around Chuck E Cheese. As soon as Andy put it around his neck he went into superhero mode (can you see Porter's stance)
Carlee had a Bat Girl cape.

Porter and Andin playing air hockey.
P-man shootn' some hoops, he actually made a few baskets!

There were a few games that Porter was a little too serious about playing.
Of course Carlee is the last one at the table eating 2 pieces of pizza and a cupcake.

Porter opening his presents, more Lego's, he love this Indiana Jones one.
The cupcakes I whipped up right before we left, I had to do something to make it feel more like a real birthday party.
Andin, Porter, Tessa, and Carlee in front of the giant mouse/rat himself.

7 comments:

Ross & Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Porter!!!

Summer said...

Wow, your Chuck E. Cheese looks way better than ours. Ours is so run down and dirty, but yours actually looks like it might be fun, who doesn't love cardboard pizza! We'll be stopping by today, although it might not be until oh 2 AM (how long does it take to drive there?) I wish, but wish Porter a happy birthday anyway!

Jennifer said...

So, you just "whipped" up those cupcakes huh?? Wow! You are an amazing Mom! Seriously that is so awesome! Those cupcakes look professional...you should go into the cupcake business.

The Coombs Family said...

I can't believe how quick time passes! Porter looks so grown-up! We sure miss him and all of you guys. Wish we could be closer to give him a birthday hug! Happy Birthday P-man.

andrea said...

I am so glad they got to do that together! I love the pictures! Porter is such a sweet heart.

Mike and Em said...

Happy Bday p man! Wish we could be there to celebrate. I can't believe it has been five years! Time Flies!!! Love you and miss you!

Brian Starkey said...

You know that its pretty crazy how much P-man and "BUSH" look alike,

anyway STARKEYS send their love

P H A T!