Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grandma Great's Hat....

Today is such a cold day that the kids and I have not gone anywhere. It hasn't been so bad though, if anything it opened up the "opportunity to organize" door. I love to organize, but lately I just have not had the chance or the drive to do it. So today I went into Tessa's room and took everything out of her dresser and her closet and threw it on the floor. One by one I went through each piece of clothing and filled up a huge Costco size 4 diaper box (that is Tessa's current diaper size) of clothes that Tessa cannot wear anymore. She is just so big now, wearing only 12 mo. and up sizes.
After I boxed all of the clothes I looked back through the drawers to make sure I had gotten everything and found a hat that Grandma Great (Andy's grandma Marie) had made for Tessa before we moved. I immediately put it on Tessa who was sitting on the floor playing with all of her toys that Porter and Carlee had so kindly arranged all around her.
It made me miss Grandma Great. I love that old lady. She is so funny, honest, and kind. I had the opportunity of living in the bedroom right next to hers last year when we lived with Andy's parents and it was great. She was always there for me if I needed someone to talk to and she was always there for Porter and Carlee when they needed some candy or some scissors. One of Grandma's greatest qualities is that she loves to watch The Bachelor (I have watched that show for years!!) and it was great to have someone to talk about all of the drama to. I hope that I can be as cool as Grandma Great when I am a great grandma.




This is Tessa in the middle of "talking", I just had to post it.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my gosh, I love the second picture from the bottom, that is the cutest face. Ash is still wearing size 2 diapers and wearing 3-6 month clothes, I just can't believe how big Tessa is!

andrea said...

HAH! I love it! She is so very precious.

Sarah said...

Shay, you can talk about the Bachelor drama with me! Though I'm sure I'm not as cool as Grandma Great.

Tessa is a beauty! Your milk must be magnificent!

Unknown said...

Hello Cream Machine! I thought no one would out weigh or size Will, well Tessa has done it! He's only in size 3 but clothing he is in 18 months. I love big babies. My arms have definition to them, never in my life have I had that, thank you to my tank.

Okie Bloxhams said...

too cute! the hat is cute and so are the pj's. I love fat babies. can't wait for my own to be here.