Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cleaning House....

Yesterday was a day of cleaning and organizing, I loved it! Andy was home and we both had so much to do, once we started we just could not stop. Something that has been bothering me since we moved into this house is the closet next to our bathroom that we put towels, soap, shampoo, etc in. Everything just seemed so random and every time I went to put something away something else would fall out onto the floor. Then the other night I had a dream about Tessa being big enough to crawl and she went into that closet and got a hold of the cleaning stuff and got sick. So I was quickly inspired to clean. I took everything out of the closet and threw it on the floor. Then I found my fabric scraps and cut out shelf liners for the shelves (I did not want to go and spend money on shelf liner, way too expensive), and put everything back in the closet with the cleaners on the very top shelf! It's great to have that project off of my mind and to have a clean organized closet. I know it's a little weird for me to post about my closet, but maybe I will inspire someone else to do a little house cleaning of their own.

The closet before.

The shelves before the liner, who wants to put a nice, clean, and fluffy towel on that...not me!

The finished product.

Much more organized and now I can see everything.

11 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Shay, you are an inspiration. I love a clean, organized closet, but it is definitely something I can procrastinate too. However, I cleaned and organized the laundry area a few weeks ago, but now it needs it again. I always seem to have an area somewhere in the house that I need to clean up. I suppose the the first time I have the whole, entire house cleaned up, I will die in a tragic accident. At least I wouldn't have to spend eternity worrying about it.

andrea said...

Nice! Great job Shayzer. Even better than it sounded! I love being organized...nothing feels better. Which is why I am loosing my mind over here! Just kidding, it is actually getting better, and we are labeling like crazy people :)

Lauralee said...

Looks beautiful and I love the "shelf" paper idea. Great one.

Summer said...

You actually inspired me to have you come to Utah and help me clean and organize! How does that sound? I loved the shelf liner, much nicer than anything you can buy. Miss you, love you, can't wait to see you one day!

T. Caleb Perkins said...

Shay do you need us to send you more q-tips? We don't think you have enough. J/K. So the pictures of the closet got me wondering... What does the rest of your house look like? Well I know it's clean. But what does Tessa's room look like? Did you paint it a new color? What does the crib look like? I think you had it set up in the summer, but I don't even remember! And you should post some pics of Carlee and Porter's rooms so we can all see how cute they are. Love ya.

T. Caleb Perkins said...

And this is LaLa not Caleb.

Jessie Gold Price said...

Amazing! I love it! You know how much I love organizing! I wished I were close to you or you guys lived close so I could have come helped you! Miss you Shay!

The Coombs Family said...

So I really just wanted to say and I also wanted to say that it's good to see that your still up to your same old tricks...organizing away. I was wondering the other day (hold on, this is really random), did you ever write in to the Martha Stewart show about why you deserved a kitchen aide??? I was just wondering...it was a good idea. I just got some great ideas for Miaja's Fancy Nancy birthday party off the martha website. Anyways, good job organizing.

danilawson said...

You inspired me to do the same. I started in the laundry room and finished in my closet. My house is so clean and I have kept it up sense Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration I love you all and miss you. Have a great week. D

Shannon said...

Fabulous! You would probably love the book, Clear your clutter with Feng Shui. It's very inspiring, as are YOU!

Sarah said...

That's A LOT of q-tips!