Friday, February 6, 2009

The best Grandma gift ever....



Last week when Porter brought in the mail (that is his job), there was a Martha Stewart Living magazine. I immediately started freaking out and was yelling at Andy asking him if he got that for me. He kept on saying no, but I didn't believe him. Then I wondered if we got someone else's mail, but the front cover had a sticker with my name on it, just like a real subscription. I thought it was too good to be true, but it wasn't. Later that day I was talking to my mom on the phone and told her how excited I was about my surprise mail and she mentioned that it might be from my grandma Ruth. I was completely shocked and called my gram's right away. Grandma confirmed it was her and she was so calm about it "yeah, I got that for you, I thought it you would like it."

It is the best gift from a Grandma ever. Not that I have not enjoyed other gifts from my grandma's over my 27 years of life, but I don't remember being this excited about any of them. I am so a wanna be Martha. I love to flip through pages of the magazine at all of the cute crafts and delicious looking recipes and imagine making them, soon reality sets in and I am tired, I turn out the light and go to bed. But it sure does set the tone for a good dream.

Thank you Grandma Ruth.

My Grandpa Bufe, Grandma Ruth, and me when Andy and I went for a visit in 2002.

6 comments:

Brian and Clara +1 said...

That is awesome. I love that magazine. Fun ideas for everything!

andrea said...

I am so glad she sent you that! I would be thrilled too! What a sweet Grandma :) I miss you guys like crazy, sometimes I just get all teary eyed when I see your blog, especially the pictures of the kids.

Lauralee said...

That is a great gift! Definitely a magazine on my "want to subscribe to" list. Something you'll look forward to every month.

The Perks of Life! said...

What a fun surprise. Shay you look so young in that picture. I would've guessed you were 15, not old enough to be married. You're so pretty. Miss you a lot.

Coil Fam said...

I love Ruth! She is an awesome lady, always thinking about what she can do to make life better for others. You are a lot like her Shay. love you, me

Leymaster Family said...

So funny! I just ordered that magazine. We will have to get together after the quaratine is over and craft it up! We miss you! Half way there!