Thursday, February 12, 2009

Polly, we have a problem....


Carlee came to me yesterday in a state of panic because Polly's head had fallen off of her Polly Pocket doll. It took everything I had to not laugh as I tried to repair the doll, I have never seen such a thing. We were just about to leave the house to go somewhere so I put the doll and all of her parts on my dresser until I was able to get back to it. This morning I gathered all of the things that needed a little repair and hot glue gun action and went to my dresser to get Polly, only to find we were missing one of the arms. I just cannot put her back together with only one arm so it is going to have to wait until we are able to locate the missing limb.
When I was taking pcitures of Polly Pocket on my dresser, body in a complete mess, I somehow realated to this doll. There are times where I feel like I am being pulled in all sorts of directions and if it does not stop my arms are going to fall off. There are other times where I wish my arms could come off and go do something else for me while I am sitting and feeding Tessa or being forced to fold the laudry (one of the biggest time wasters ever if you ask me). I know I have told a few people this, but there are times where I can clearly visualize myself at the stove making dinner, feeding Tessa, folding laundry, mopping the floor, picking up toys, walking down the aisle at the grocery store, etc, etc, etc. And then after a few moments of this day dream, I take a deep breath and begin to do all of those things one at a time.
I am so lucky to have the opportunity to stay at home and be a mother to my amazing children, but there are times that prove to me that being a stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world (I don't care how many rectal exams Andy has to do in one day (love you honey)), and I would not trade it for the world.

4 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Poor Polly...I can relate to her life also. I'm sure she fell apart because she was so loved and played with though, so that should make her feel better. At least she wasn't collecting dust bunnies under the bed where no one even noticed her desperate situation. Tell Carlee I love her.

Chris and Aubrey said...

I have to laugh because a few minutes ago Abbie came to me very upset. Her friend and her were playing barbies when one of the heads popped off of Madi's barbie. Abbie is very worried about what will happen when Madi gets home. At least Carlee can't blame it on Tessa...yet. Love girls and their dolls. Love your blog. Love you. Aubs

The Perks of Life! said...

Oh how we miss Carlee! Shay you and Andy should drive out here, he can fly back, and I can help you drive back over my spring break which is the third week of March. We all just miss you guys so much. Things are not the same. Love you.

Jon and Tamara said...

I know just what you mean. I wouldn't trade staying home with my kids for anything, but especially with Jon's busy schedule I sometimes feel like I'm stretched not just to my limit, but beyond my limit. I guess I'll just keep adding gray hairs to my collection. :-) and laugh a little harder so it won't turn to tears. :-)