Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree....

We decorated our tree on Sunday which took forever, but of course is so much fun. It is such a great tradition shared by so many families, I love it. It was so different this year because the kids were sooooo into it. Porter did most of the ornaments which just blew my mind, whatever short attention span. Carlee was so into the Barbie ornaments which I am so greateful to my mom for hanging on to them for so many years. It is funny how something so simple as an ornament can mean so much and bring back so many memories.

This is the section of the tree that Porter did most of the decorating. It was so cute and I loved it, but I slowly moved the ornaments around.

Andy being the super dad, had both of the kids on his shoulders so that they could both put the star on the tree.

Carlee had no fear being up there and reaching. Porter on the other hand was grabbing Andy's head so tightly and giving us a taste of his girly scream and laughing, poor kid is afraid of heights like his daddy.

Yeah for Carlee, she did it!!

And then it began to droop..... the star has since been repaired thanks to Andy's mastermind idea of using a wire hanger.

6 comments:

Coil Fam said...

"The tree that couldn't hold up the star", that sounds like a cute title to a children's book. I will always remember the tree last year when Carlee and Porter put all the ornaments 3 ft. and down. And I have to confess, the fear of heights came from me, to Andy and unfortunately to Porter. Then there's Carlee our brave little "Tink".

Lauralee said...

beautiful. I love the dangling star. That is so classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I just didn't know it happened in real life :)

Jon and Tamara said...

I love the star. That is so cool that Andy helped them both put it up there. I'll bet they were so proud. So do they keep "rehanging" the ornaments or do they leave them alone now that the tree is supposedly done being decorated?

Candace said...

Ha ha ha hah aha that star! Your tree looks great!

Tiffany said...

I love your tree!! Hope you are all doing well.

Mike and Em said...

I always remember walking into your apt and smelling your yummy tree. What a fun tradition. Your tree looks beautiful. Love you and miss you much!