Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Old Man Wilcox....

On Monday we went to the Wilcox tree farm and cut down this years tree. It was a beautiful winter day, we lucked out with 55 degree weather. We walked for about an hour before we found the perfect tree for us. It was so nice to be outside this time of year. Andy kept on saying how much he wished he could own land like what we were on, it truly was beautiful. After we chose the tree we headed into the barn for some hot chocolate, and then on our way home we went to Five Guys. I love Five Guys, it is so good, they have great burgers and fries, and the music is always rockin' there, I just cannot help but sing when I am there. After food we came home and got down to decorating business. We had a minor hiccup with the lights, but Andy was able to get us through it and we decided that this year after Christmas, we will be looking for clearance lights.

12-1-2010 005

12-1-2010 009

12-1-2010 019

12-1-2010 025

12-1-2010 029





I love this time of year, I love traditions, and I love having my own family to make traditions with. I spent a lot of time on Monday thinking about traditions and thinking of old Christmas memories. Of course I was thinking of the Leymasters who we went to this farm with last year. I miss them so much and wish they were with us this year. I thought about when I was little and was spending Christmas in Utah with my Dad when he lived in Park City. I got to his house and he had no tree, so he went to the back yard and cut down some random tree for me. It was amazing and huge, we barely got it in the house. I also remember going with my mom to get a tree on a day it was raining really hard, but my mom said we were getting the tree, so we did. Thinking about past memories makes me afraid that one day I will forget and I never want to forget.

On to Old Man Wilcox....when we were at the tree farm waiting to get onto the Wagon ride, the gentleman driving the tractor told us there was an emergency, and he asked us if we wouldn't mind walking because of the emergency. He was very emotional and distraught. Andy and I were confused, was there an issue out on the lot, did someone saw off their leg? Finally Andy asked what was going on and the man told us that Old Man Wilcox was in the hospital, "something was not right with his mind." As I began to understand more of what this emergency was my heart ached for this man and his dear friend Mr. Wilcox. I could feel how much he cared for him and his deep concern. Since Monday I have had many moments where I think about Mr. Wilcox and I hope he is okay, it will be one of those things I always wonder about.

I am almost where I would like to be with our Christmas decorating. I am planning on making a few more things to put up. I am so excited to have a cute Advent my sister in law made me using this tutorial. It was such a nice surprise to get in the mail and came a few weeks ago after I had a few rough days. (Love you D!) Next on my list is preparing for my Grandma Ruth to come, I cannot wait, just 5 more days!!

4 comments:

Lauralee said...

perfect tree! I love it. I wish we had a real one. . . that looks like so much fun.

Coil Fam said...

Great fun! I am so homesick to squeeze Marin. I think she looks like Carlee in the last picture??!? Maybe I just want her to, since Carlee is soooo gorgeous. I loved talking to Miss Tessa the other day. She makes me laugh. Hopefully your Christmas box arrives today. love you

Erin said...

Looks like a perfect outing!! Love the video, and pictures. We miss you guys so much:)

Leymaster Family said...

Aaah 1 We missed you too! We kept saying how this tree farm we went to this year was just not the same as Old Man Wilcox's! And definitely not the smae without the coils there! We miss you dearly!