Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What really goes on....

The other day at our white elephant party a few of my friends commented on how I always have things "together" or something along those lines. It was a very nice thing to say, but I honestly don't feel that way. I feel like I try very hard to have things together, but there are times, many times to be exact, where "together" is a word I cannot even spell and things are a total mess. Today was one of those days.

It started last night when Porter came down with a weird look on his face, like he had a bad dream. Andy took him back up to bed but ten minutes later, there was Porter in our doorway with the same bad look. Andy jumped up and got a bowl just in time for Porter to start throwing up his bacon spaghetti dinner. We had this same scenario 4 more times throughout the night. Andy was up and gone before 8:00 a.m. and when I got out of bed I walked into the kitchen I saw how my day was going to go. First start all of the throw up laundry, poor Porter threw up in his bed), next-feed and change Marin, next, help Porter throw up again, next- get Porter back into my bed and find him a movie and new pillow (still need to throw the other pillow out), next- feed the other two girls, actually just Tessa because Carlee was clearly aware of the craziness and made her own frosted mini wheat cereal, next, get Marin to sleep, next get Porter a new throw up bowl, and finally some time to myself in the shower (in my dreams, halfway through Tessa came in and sat on the potty and announced that she had gone poo!). So it just continued on from there, but it got better. Porter stopped throwing up, Andy came home in between hunting and work and changed a poopy diaper for me, I made the kids dinner (or another version of dinner since today was my going to the grocery store day), and now I am blogging.

As I started to pick up the house I noticed how things were and I felt that I needed to take pictures and document how it was today.

12-22-2010 022
Andy's shoes from pheasant hunting, I actually didn't mind seeing them on the floor. Seeing the shoes like this with the feathers in them made me smile. I know he had a great time today and was feeling very manly, and no, I will not be trying the pheasant.

12-22-2010 023
Me trying to keep Marin entertained, look how big she is in the Bumbo! Also note the basket of laundry waiting to be folded in the background.

12-22-2010 024
My awesome sink of dishes, note the container of freezer jam in the back. Mr friend Sara taught me how to make it and now it is a fav here in our house.

12-22-2010 026
Carlee and Porter watching "Elf" in my bed, I think we have watched 3 or 4 movies today.

12-22-2010 027
Tessa was here, that is all I have to say about that.

12-22-2010 028
My messy counters, I can't stand having things on the counter. Note in this picture a few things, the many wrapper from Kisses in my moments of desperation, Christmas cards still not on display, my choice of music Bruno Mars and the Step UP 3soundtrack, and my braclet from Erin that I love.

12-22-2010 029
Oh, and I love this picture of my pants. The big fat scrubs from Andy's work from like 7 years ago. They ripped today and I somehow did not manage to change them even though I tripped on them about 4 times. I am not one of those mom's who has a velour track suit to wear on my stay at home days. If I am going to be home and not wear jeans, I am going to be as comfortable as possible. (I do have a set of the velour pants and jacket waiting to be returned, I just couldn't do it.)

12-22-2010 031
So now, I am going to go and put this cute girl in the bath because it has been 3 days since her last bath, I know it's grose, but that is just how things are right now. Peace Out.

6 comments:

andrea said...

I love it!!! You do have it together though, no matter what you say. But I get it....you are a mom of 4 and owning it :)

Miss you like crazy. I am going to email you right now.

danilawson said...

You are doing the right thing as mother letting the house go for a day and wearing scrubs, watching movies, letting the dishes pile up, doing a fun craft project for yourself, glad to see were a little more the same. Love you.

Leymaster Family said...

Hang in there girl! You are an amazing mother!

Sarah said...

Loved the whole thing! You are so great! Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Oh, I am so glad to know you are human!! I know there is still a lot of super-mom in you, you are amazing and you could never convence me otherwise! So sorry the kiddos were sick, hope all are better soon! love you!

Lauralee said...

Shay, you are awesome. But it is good to see that you are human too. I think I need to do a crazy house post too-but it's a lot worse than that around here some times. And you've got to keep the velour track suit!!! hee hee. . .