Monday, December 13, 2010

Get it While it's Hot....

Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot Chocolate!!!!! (I love that song in Polar Express and when I dance to it Andy says I would be ready for our 2012 beach trip in no time.)


Porter's friend JP had a great idea of doing the hot chocolate stand and they invited us to come along. We had it last Thursday and it was a huge hit! Sara and I made fresh wreaths, muddy buddies, and the pretzel hug treats to sell along with the yummy beverage. We also put out jewlery, flag garland and towel bags, and some cute posters of "Jesus Words" (inside joke). Porter and JP wanted to keep and save the money for Disneyland and Lego's but Sara and I decided before the sale that we would donate the money in honor of our friend Ally and our other little friend Porter who have Cystic Fibrosis. People were so generous with their donations at the stand with donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, it was such a wonderful experience. I am happy to report that we made about $170, I think that was very succesful. Oh, and the local newspaper showed up and took pictures and said they were going to do a story, so we'll see, but the kids were so excited to hear they were going to be famous. Also a big shout out to my grandma Ruth who helped take care three sets of kids while we were outside running the show. We have been having so much fun.

12-13-2010 018
The sweet neighbor lady being the first customer.

12-13-2010 023
Sister Klopp and I. She drove all the way from Fairview to support Ally.

12-13-2010 025
Some major hot chocloate action.

12-13-2010 027
The stand runners Porter and JP.

No comments: