Thursday, September 2, 2010

1st grade, Fair, and the peanut....

Clearly the blog has been put on the back burner while I learn how to take care of 4 children. We have been doing well, just busy getting into the school routine, signing up for sports, and things like that.

9-1-2010 002
Tessa playing dress up, one of the times where Andy was trying to distract the kids.

As I mentioned above, Porter has started 1st grade!! Hello, where did that come from, I just cannot believe it. I have been doing well coping because I see how happy he is to go to school, learn, make friends, have the "100" friend recess, eat lunch in the cafeteria, and earn good behavior tickets. It has been fun being home having girl day everyday (I am still in shock that I have 3 girls!!).

9-1-2010 008
The shoes, Porter knows for sure these will make him run faster!

9-1-2010 010
The walk, we are almost there, and of course have to stop and tie the shoes.

9-1-2010 014
Our kids love to do the funny face pictures, and I think I love them more.

Last weekend Andy had off and we heard about a fun and cheap fair so we took the opportunity to go and see the animals. Carlee was is heaven with the horses, we are working hard on trying to find a place for her to ride, but most places you have to be eight, that is a hard concept for Carlee, she is so ready. She had a dream come true moment at the fair when she was able to sit on a Clydesdale horse!!!

9-1-2010 019
I am a sucker for bunnies.

9-1-2010 024
This goat was trying to kiss Carlee, she pet it for about 10 minutes.

9-1-2010 029
I loved this goat, he was trying to eat his way out!

Calree's dream

As we were walking through the horse stables the nice owner of this horse asked if Carlee wanted to sit on him. I think maybe he could see it in her eyes. She was so excited, a little nervous at first when she realized there was no saddle, but once she figured out to hold the mane, she calmed right down. After a few minutes the owner had the horse take a few steps, I don't know that I have ever seen Carlee's eyes get that big. Anyway, that man and his horse made her life.

And now on to Marin....
Marin 3 1/2 wks

Marin 3 1/2 wks

I cannot believe that she is three and a half weeks already. The time goes so quickly. She is still doing very well, although, last night was not fun. I heard a lot of grunting, she needed to poop, but just wasn't awake enough to get the job done. Andy and I still cannot figure out who she looks like. I found a baby picture of mine when I was two weeks, I think I see a little resemblance. What do you think?? Maybe it is just the hair, I don't know.

scan0001

4 comments:

Leymaster Family said...

Definitely looks like Porter!

Summer said...

I don't think she looks like anybody - I think she is an amazing mix of everybody. She has a little of you, Andy, Porter, Carlee and Tessa (well the kids are a given, but they don't look alike either, we only make one brand!) That is just my opinion, but in all the pictures she looks like her own!

Seriously, what are we doing with first graders? I have been meaning to call you, life is crazy busy, as you know! I hope your doing well, I miss you!

andrea said...

She looks so much like you in that baby photo. I love her, I can just tell she's cool.

Miss you!!! We are settling in and I need to call you, or if you have time call me. Andin starts school next Wednesday.

Lauralee said...

Marin looks so old in those pictures! I love it.