Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two fridays ago was this....

Last week was super busy and I am so bugged I have taken to long to sit down and post, but we all know how time for ourselves works. After a super long week,(Andy was just coming off nights), we had a family night of fishing. We went to a park with a pond close to out house, ate KFC on the grass, and caught a ton of fish. The fish were going crazy, as soon as line went in with power bait, a fish was on the hook. It was so fun to see the kids fishing all by themselves and to see the excitement in their eyes when the fish were flapping around on the end of the line.

The pond

Marin's idea of fishing

Carlee's fish

The Power Bait girl

P's fish

Some side notes about fishing and our family.
-I really cannot wait until we are closer back west and there are more rivers for us to fish. I think Andy misses that more than anything, ya know, just being on the river.
-I really need to do more fishing, my kids can cast better than me.
-I don't like power bait, what is it made of, anyway??
-I love that Carlee has no fear of any animal and would grab the fish to put it back in the water.
-Oh, and KayLee you know Carlee's fish is way bigger than yours.

And on another side note, I really love shishkabobs, we made some rockn' ones that Andy apparently took a picture of.

Love the bob

4 comments:

Chris and Aubrey said...

Way to go Coils! Fishing is definitely in the blood. Carlee you rock! I love the pic of Tessa she is adorable. Love the previous post of P-Man and Marin. Nothing is more sweeter than when two precious babes are laying so close together so peacefully. It's like your own piece of heaven. Th

andrea said...

I love that photo of Tessa! Her hair, the scene, how clear the photo is...it's perfect! That looks so fun, I miss Oh & you! I love the post about the ward night too, so true that everyone is a family in that ward. I hope we can ever love a ward that much again.

Summer said...

Love the pictures, love Carlee, love the fishing, love Tessa, love Marin, love Porter. Miss you!

Summer said...

Oh, and need the recipe for the shishkabobs! They look delish!