Sunday, September 5, 2010

Is there anything sweeter than this....

9-5-2010 007

9-5-2010 014

This was last night when I was putting the kids to bed. Andy has been working the nights so I have been on my own the past few days. The hardest time is bed time, but every night we manage to get through it, I have an extra good helper. Porter was the first to finish with teeth and potty, so he was in bed first. Marin was so tired, but the girls just needed a little guidance with their teeth and potty. So I asked Porter to hold Marin while I got them in bed and read them a book. Of course he was so excited to be "in charge" of Marin. After Carlee and Tessa were taken care of I walked into Porter's room to get the peanut and I found them both asleep. It was the sweetest thing ever. This morning when I asked him about it, he said he knew Marin would like that because that is how she sleeps on Dad.

I also don't know if there is anything sweeter than this girl. She was so excited to wear this new dress that I have had in her dresser saving it for school (which she is not going to) and was all about having her picture taken after church. There were many other photos and poses, all Carlee's idea, but I chose my two favorites.

9-5-2010 015

9-5-2010 017

And....is there anything sweeter than seeing the man you love playing with the kids.

9-5-2010 022

7 comments:

Coil Fam said...

I have never seen such a peaceful expression on Porter's face. He looks like he's in heaven with sweet baby Marin snuggled on his chest. It is so beautiful to think he learned that from his dad. They are always watching...
...and speaking of beautiful, check out our Carlee girl. She looks a lot like you, Shay. I love her long braids and cute tights. She is gorgeous.
...and I could almost hear Miss Tessa May laughing as Andy tossed her in the air. That is an amazing picture.
...and speaking of looking like you, I haven't commented yet on your baby picture, but Matthew and I agree that Marin looks a lot like you. That is such a happy thought...
...the only thing sad about all of this is that the pictures make me miss you all even more.

...big sigh...

The Perks of Life! said...

I totally spaced that you changed your blog name and was beginning to wonder why you hadn't updated in forever!! But then after looking at my mom's blog I saw you updated and I remembered your name changed. Anyways, this was a fun surprise to see all of these cute pictures and I get so excited to see your updates. About the post, Porter was made to be a big brother to three little sisters. Your girlies are so lucky to have him as their big brother. Carlee's hair is gorgeous and her outfit is sooo cute. I just wish I could see her entire boots in the picture. You know me and shoes... they look super cute and I want to see. :) Andy is a great dad and you can see that in the picture with him and Tessa. I love love LOVE Porter's black running shoes. I bet they do make him faster. I totally think Marin looks just like your baby picture. No wonder she is a gorgeous babe, she takes after her beautiful mom. Carlee and the horse is the sweetest story ever. We talked to Tessa on the phone the other day and she is such a crack-up. Caleb can't get over how funny she was on the phone. we love you all and miss you!!

Leymaster Family said...

Oh my goodness! REALLY IS there anything sweeter? I got a little teary-eyed seeing that! What a precious moment!

Summer said...

All I can say is I'm in love . . . with your ENTIRE FAMILY!! I wish I lived closer so bad. I love my little Car Car, what a doll. I'm glad you got that picture of Porter and Marin, that's definitely one to cherish! Love, hugs and kisses to you all!

Lauralee said...

wow that really is the sweetest picture of Porter and Marin. And I love that pose of Carlee's. As always cute kids.

Erin said...

That picture of Porter and Marin together is to die for!!! I have never actually seen a child smiling in his sleep, PRECIOUS!! Those pictures of Carlee are just beautiful, I love her outfit. Tessa is so brave and Andy is an excellent dad!

Jill said...

to answer the title of this post: NO. there is not anything sweeter. you have awesome kids. can't wait to hang!