Monday, September 20, 2010

Ladies lunch and s'more fun......

Last week was my friends b-day so a few of us girls went out to lunch. The whole time we were there chattin' it up I was wondering why we have to wait for someone to have a birthday for us ladies to go out, I don't know really, but I think it is lame. I need a ladies lunch more often.

All the kids
The kids at Panera, from left, Tessa, Wes, Carlee, and Ella.

Wes and Carlee
Carlee and her main squeeze Wes.

Happy B-day Kim
Me, Sara, Kari, and Kim. I love the gals, they are so fun and we are always laughing, oh, and Carlee took this picture, not to shabby for a 4 year old.

Friday night we had a s'more night at our church. It was perfect weather for a fire and great fun for the kids. There were also huge games of Red Rover, frisbee, and football going on, and when I was watching everyone it was making me sad that the summer is ending. Don't get me wrong, I love fall, but I also just love being outside playing.

Cutest kiddos ever
Carlee, Wes, Porter, and JP, these kids are such good friends.

Boys being boys
A little football action.

We had a great time that night, we have made some great friends and we know some really great people here in OH so spending extra time with them is a lot of fun.

Finding the ring

I took this picture of everyone because I wanted to remember everyone gathered together. One of the dad's at the s'more night lost his wedding ring while playing with the kids on the grass. Everyone who was there immediately got to their hands and knees trying to find the ring in the big grassy field and the expression of finding the needle in the haystack came to life for me. I was so touched and reminded of the love we have for each other as a ward family. Someone made the suggestion of bringing all of the cars to the edge of the grass and turning on the headlights to help bring some light to the situation and it worked, Lauralee found the ring! It really was amazing!

I love being here in OH and I love all the experiences we have as a family. That doesn't mean I am not excited and looking forward to moving back west somewhere in a couple of years, it just means I think all of this is making me a better and more humble person and for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

Leymaster Family said...

You are making me cry! We miss our ward family! One in a million... And you too!

Unknown said...

You're making me so homesick too. Such fun times.