Sunday, August 22, 2010

14 plus one day old.....

I feel like life has been crazy for us the past 15 days with having Marin and having Grandma KayLee here, but today, the plus one day, is a little slower and nice. So what has been happening, I have been trying to adjust. First I don't know what I would have done with out KayLee here. She was so amazing about doing the laundry, cooking (which there is no way I would ever get to pre-prego weight with that woman's amazing cooking), and playing with the kids. I am so lucky to have such a generous mother-in-law who is very aware of the needs of others. I really hope that one day I can be the kind of mother-in-law she is.

We had such a great visit and we were constantly doing something fun. We went to the zoo, amish country, chuck e cheese, Catan action, shopping, ate out, took Grandma for her first Malley's experience, and even got her to the pool one evening. It was so sad to see her go (I didn't have the courage to say good bye so I stayed in my bedroom as they pulled away, I am getting worse with good byes). Here are some pics of our good times with gram.

AT THE BEAch 085
At the beach

game day 019
The Der Dutchman restaurant

game day 024
Mommy holding the peanut while eating

game day 028
Group shot that some missionaries took for us.

game day 030
Getting the hay

game day 051
The horse and buggy, and notice how Porter is holding his shorts, he had another fall.

game day 055
These two are best buds, always playing.

Amish country
On the train, KayLee bought tickets for the kids so her and I could go into the quilt shop.

Grandma Aug 2010 001
Gotta love Chuck E Cheese

Playing with grandma
KayLee playing memory with the girls.

Porter at the pool
I love to watch Porter swim, he loves to do laps!

Grandma Aug 2010 038
Carlee showing her slide skills to Grandma.

Grandma Aug 2010 080
Tessa was a little more interested in her sucker from Kim.

Marin and Grandma
KayLee and Marin at the pool.

So, I think it is pretty clear that we had a great time with Grandma being here and I will admit, I was a little tired the day she left. More on Marin....she is a great baby and the kids love her. I think I am having a struggle with myself and Tessa. She is just so young still and I keep forgetting that she is just two years old. Tessa just speaks so well so it is easier for me to forget her age, she just acts older. Other than that the kids are great and are loving having a baby in the house. Marin has been sleeping great too, just waking up to eat and poop, and then right back to sleep it is. I have been having fun with her in the night, I love seeing her face in the light of the night light and her little dark eyes looking up at me. I just can't help but smother her in kisses. And since I am awake while I am feeding her I have been catching up on some of my favorite movies and I just started watching the first season of Lost, Andy got it for me from the library.

Everyone keeps asking me how it has been transitioning to having four kids and I don't know how to respond. I think this week will be the true test, Andy works everyday and Porter is starting first grade, so get back to me later in the week. But so far it has been okay, I am just doing the best I can and I have had a lot of great support from everyone around me. And on that note, here are more pics of the past 14 days......

No jaundice please
Marin in the sunlight, we were afraid of her jaundice getting worse. I love her little body.

Tessa and Marin
Tessa can never just give her one kiss at a time, it is so sweet.

snuggles
Carlee is so good at getting her to sleep.

Marin
Another cute Marin pic.

First Bath
Marin got her first real dip after her cord fell off, the whole crew got to help.

Post Bath
We were already in bed when I saw Marin looking so cute I had to get up and get the camera. I love her hair after her bath, it is so funny and full of volume.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Um, I could just eat your baby!! I can't believe her hair. I hope you adjust this week, call if you need to vent. That's the funny thing, people always ask how you do it, but when you don't have a choice you just make it work. You're an amazing mom, keep up the great work! Love you!

t. caleb perkins said...

Oh geeze, I'm pretty sure it's against blogging rules to post this many cute pictures in one post. Seriously, every picture is so so cute, I don't even know where to start. First, I'm so happy you put several pictures on here of my mom. She's always saying she doesn't take good pictures, we must not be looking at the same ones, cuz she looks so pretty in these pictures and I hope I follow in her path. Second, Carlee is turning into the most gorgeous little girl ever and I can't believe she can go off a slide into water that is over her head. I still struggle with that, maybe she can give me a lesson. Third, Tessa's skirt in the one picture is soo cute. Fourth, you have a son who is now old enough to eat school lunch. Whoa Shay! And Porter just happens to be the most good looking first grader I know. And finally, Marin is just perfect. I love her so much and am grateful for every single picture you posted. Keep 'em coming. We missss you guys and are so glad you had so much fun with grandma! You're right, not a "home body" as you guys looked so busy. So fun!

t. caleb perkins said...

And it's Lauren not the caleb perkins. :)

andrea said...

I love this post Shay! I wish you weren't so busy with it when I tried to skype attack you but call me tomorrow and I'll talk your ear off and expect the same from you!! I love you and I am so proud of the mother you are. You have an amazing sweet family and I love each one of them, including this beautiful baby I haven't met yet. She looks different to me than I expected and I sort of love that she's her own thing. Cool girl.

Erin said...

I love, love, love that post. All of those pictures are outright adorable. You guys have the cuttest family and I love how active you are together! And how lucky are you to have that pool right by your house, can we move in next door to you:)