Sunday, April 25, 2010

2 for 2 and other things....

Yesterday was the first of many soccer games to come this month (before we get to go to Utah!). First up was Porter, he did great, got right in on all of the action, and did a great job "trying to block" the other team. It was so fun to watch an all boy team who knew what to do.

4-25-2010 021
He threw in most of the penalty shots.

4-25-2010 023
Porter may have done a little dancing on the field.

Then Carlee was up and it was a night and day difference. The little kids on her team looked like little mushrooms growing in the grass, like they should not have been allowed to play soccer. Carlee is definitely one of the oldest and tallest on her team, but definitely not the fastest. She was much more interested in saying hi to her friend from pre-school who happened to be playing on the other team, I hope Andy got that on the video camera.

4-25-2010 034

4-25-2010 036
Look at the concentration tongue hanging out.

4-25-2010 038
Funny how they got the same number.

4-25-2010 041
A little excited from winning their games.

Then there was Tessa, who was very patient the whole 2 and a half hours we were there. She kept herself entertained while looking for birds.

4-25-2010 044

Which speaking of birds....earlier this week we can home from running errands and I sat down at the computer to check my e-mail. Tessa followed me to the dining room but stopped at the top of the stairs and started yelling "BIRD, BIRD!" She is always looking for birds and geese, so I did the busy mom thing and just said "oh yeah Tessa", but she would not let up. Literally this went on for about 5 minutes, then walked in Porter with a "oh man!! Look at that huge bird!" So this finally got my attention, I got up and looked out the window to see this

4-25-2010 002

4-25-2010 003

sitting on top of our swing set!! It was totally amazing! I did not have time to get the camera and get a better shot because I was "too busy" and not listening to what Tessa had to say. Maybe next time I will be more responsive to her, I have learned my lesson.

And on another note, I love my kids. They drive me crazy some times and make big messes all over the house, but they are so cute and have the best smiles. This morning before church we were just hanging around the living room, they were playing so cute together. I was trying to take a picture just of Tessa wearing the frog costume, but they were insistent on being together, hugging in the picture. Too cute!!

4-25-2010 045

4-25-2010 046

7 comments:

andrea said...

Very sweet post! I love their smiles too, they are great kids. That's so exciting that they are both in soccer. Andin has begged us, but it starts here in August when it's hot and we are out of town every weekend so we never do it! We will this time.
Have you talked to Andy about the meeting half ways camping idea, or is that not a possibility? I want to see you if you are that close!!! It just wouldn't be right.

Unknown said...

So you're gonna go to Utah now? Exciting stuff.

That hawk is awesome. You're lucky that Molly wasn't outside, or that might not have happened.

Coil Fam said...

This is the sweetest post ever. I can't stop looking. Tessa's frog face is hilarious, cute and sweet all at the same time. Porter and Carlee look awesome in their soccer uniforms and I can tell Porter is taking it very seriously. Thanks for updating. It makes being apart easier, when I can see little glimpses of their lives. Thank you, thank you. I love you!!!

Mike and Em said...

So, so cute! Okay, first, I love the color in the kids room. Good for you guys for doing something other than white. I love soccer. That is so fun that they both play it and they are the same number. I am so excited for you guys to come to Utah.

Erin said...

Oh soccer saturdays look like so much fun! Wish I could have seen Porter's "dance" in person. Love Carlee's tongue hanging out, and Tessa makes an adorable frog!

Leymaster Family said...

What Utah? Didn't know, so jealous you are going. Wish we were there so ellie and carlee could play soccer together!

Christina M Dely said...

Shay! I can't believe how big your little ones are getting! Such a beautiful family :)