Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I do not fear color....

The past few weeks I have been busy with a lot of projects, but the largest was switching the kids rooms and painting them. We moved Porter into Carlee's old room so he can have his own room, and put Carlee and Tessa in Porter's old room so they can be together therefore opening up the room downstairs for the baby to come. It was a much bigger job than I expected, but I loved cleaning and throwing out old toys. Never in my life did I think I would paint a room pink or green, but I just couldn't say no to their requests, I love them too much.

Girls room
(hard to take a picture facing the window)

Tessa's bed
Tessa's bed

Andy's work
Andy put shelves up here for me, it used to be a big open space, I could never figure it out, much better now, and he put them high enough to fit the American Girl doll stuff!

heart shelf
I was shocked to see the cute heart thing Andy chose.

Porter's room
Porter loves his "teenage mutant ninja turtle" green, this green was a compromise.


I love the secret stash of things he did not want to put away under the table. When I was a kid I hid my vitamins under my mattress, so it's cool, I understand.

The next project I am about to wrap up is re-arranging the living room pictures. Ever since we cancelled cable and moved the entertainment center down to the basement everything was off center. I took everything off of the walls and Andy has been hanging per my request. Andy has been so patient with me throughout all of this, he is the best and I am so lucky to have him, (love ya Bush.)

7 comments:

Coil Fam said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Great job. The colors are perfect and I love the little shelf area in Carlee and Tessa's room. I love the green in Porter's room too, bright and cheery. I'm so proud of you. That is a HUGE accomplishment. Way to go!

Summer said...

Wow - I can't believe how different the rooms look with just some paint - that's CRAZY!! Looks like you have definitely been busy, and I must say you are a much nicer mom than me. Kennadi has been begging for a pink room since we moved in 4 years ago (I can't believe it's been 4 years!) Anyway, it's still the same color it was the day we moved in!!

Erin said...

Painting can be quite a chore, but thier rooms turned out sooo cute!! Way to go!

Lauralee said...

That picture of Carlee's room with the window is great-it looks just like something you'd see in a magazine. And I love the colors! That is a lot of work!

andrea said...

The paint and the carpet look amazing! You have been working so hard! Porter's green is pretty cool, Andin will love to see the pictures! I miss you. Thank you for being so patient with me lately. I am a crazy person.

sarah.jones said...

I can't believe Tessa has a big girl bed already! The rooms look amazing!

Leymaster Family said...

Love the rooms. I tis fun to see them all different. Wish I could see them in person. I cannot believe you can get Tessa to sleep in a big girl bed! That is great!