Thursday, April 1, 2010

Porter's first lost tooth....

The whole thing went down at Costco last night and was quite the ordeal. Porter has had a loose tooth for a while, and has been constantly playing with it. Yesterday we went to the dentist and he was even more determined to get it out, which caused even more wiggling, pulling, and twisting. I could tell when we went to Costco that it was about to come out and asked him to please stop, I didn't want it to happen there, I didn't have the camera!! But of course, two minutes later, there was blood, a tooth in the hand, and Carlee screaming "Porter you lost your very first tooth!!". I am sure we had a few looks. Thank you to ALL who answered the phone last night and talked to Porter (sorry Grandma Great if the cell phone bill is a little more next month).

The next debate is between Andy and I, to keep teeth that have fallen out or to discard them. It is Porter's first tooth, so I of course want to put it in his keepsake box and let him find it years from now and think it's grose, then he can decide what to do with it. Andy on the other hand thinks teeth are disgusting and should be thrown away immediately, so until I make a final decision, it will be in my top drawer.

4-1-2010 001

4-1-2010 002

4-1-2010 004

5 comments:

Coil Fam said...

I vote "keep it". Remember how hard he worked to get that cute little tooth to come in when he was just a few months old. As for Andy thinking it is gross...!!!! I can't believe that an ER doc would think his own son's cute little tooth is anything less than precious.

PS Carlee told me she has TWO loose teeth. The tooth fairy is going to very busy at your house for the next few years.

Summer said...

I agree with Andy, but the first tooth does have some sentimental value. Maybe keep the first one and chuck the rest?? I wish I would've gotten a ca;;
:( Love you, miss you. That is exciting!! Kennadi can't wait to lose a tooth and is very upset that everyone else has but her...

andrea said...

CRAZY! I can't believe he lost a tooth! I think it's cute to keep it, although someday he'll think you were weird for keeping it and probably throw it away. hahaha

Haven't I told you the story of my mom's wisdom teeth...ask me later.

Sara is crazy four my boys said...

I had a jewelry box with all 3 of my boys teeth, after moving and discovering this growing collection I chucked all of them. If I had known whose was whose I would have saved everyone's first, but I guess I wasn't that organized...there has even been an occasion or two where the tooth fairy has forgoten to come to our house! So I say save the first, be sure to label and then throw away the rest.
By the way-Andrew was still losing his teeth at age 13-so this goes on for a very long time:)

Erin said...

Congratulations Porter! That note that the tooth fairy left was so darling. You and Andy are such great parents!