Friday, April 9, 2010

My creative friends....

I have to give a shout out to some of my friends who I think are amazingly talented. Lately as I have been reading their blogs and seeing what they are up to I am just overwhelmed with their amazing talent.

First is my super friend Andrea who currently resides in Arizona. She is one of the best photographers I know. She always sees things through her lens that others don't and she doesn't over edit which I appreciate. She has been doing more and more photo shoots, one of which was for a web site that she did all the photos for, and she was mentioned by The Pioneer Woman, cool! I love and miss this girl like crazy! To see her photos and learn more about her click here.

Next is Lauralee. Lauralee lives here in the Cleveland area, we met at church. She has helped me with so many projects and always has a wonderful, honest opinion. Lauralee is an amazing artist, designer, and she knows how to bind books! This past Christmas she helped me out by binding a book for Andy's grandmother of all of the stories she has written to the grandchildren, it was amazing and turned out beautiful (there are pictures of it on her blog). To see some of Lauralee's work and her shop click here.

I have another friend named Sara who lives close to us and happens to be from the same town as Andy (they went to the same high school) and she has kids the same age as ours. Anyway, Sara is great at making jewelry, and one day decided to open up her own Etsy shop and sell some of it. Her shop has only been open for a few months and she has had over 100 sales!! I think her stuff is so cute and if I had pierced ears I would be shopping there too, oh and a major bonus is all of her things are under five dollars! To visit Sara's shop click here.

Last, but not least, I have to mention Candace. Candace and I met her in OH, but she has since moved back to her roots in Las Vegas. Candace is a very talented seamstress. I think Candace looks at fabric and makes something of it in her mind and it is just a matter of time before it comes out of her sewing machine. I love the stuffed bunnies she has made, the clothes she makes for her girls, but most of all I love how she is not afraid to try. I think a lot of women are afraid to try to sew or think they don't have any talent, which is so not true. To see Candace's blog click here.

So there it is, a shout out to some of the creative friends that I have. I feel so lucky to know them, I am inspired by them each day when I click to see what they are up to. Enjoy!

6 comments:

sara said...

Shay--thanks so much for the plug!! You're awesome!!

Candace said...

Shay! You are so sweet. I love all these girls! thanks so much & also, I think YOU are amazing. :)

The Perks of Life! said...

Shay you have always been so blessed to have such great friends, even when they move clear to other side of the country, they want to talk to you everyday! That says a lot about the kind of friend YOU are and we are all very lucky to have you in our lives! And the videos... soooo cute! I definitely think you should send them into America's Funniest Videos. :)

Coil Fam said...

Lauren is right. You have good friends, because you are a good friend. That's why we miss you so much. We miss your friendship and your creativity. You leave a trail of goodness where ever you go. Utah, Maine, New York, Ohio and soon, back to Utah, hopefully, a long trail of good. Thank you for making us all want to be better like you.

andrea said...

You are sweet. I saw that you called today, but it was too late to call back. I was hoping you'd call, I've been needing to tell you something.

Erin said...

Hello? You forgot to mention all of your amazing talents. I love to see what you come up with when you plan the kids birthdays, they are always such a fun event for everyone and you put so much thought into them. And your cakes you make are just amazing! You are lucky to have such a talented cirlce of friends and you fit right in with them!