Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby Steps....

The past week was pretty busy with a lot of things going on. First the kids started soccer again, this is Carlee's first year and it is so cute to watch. Porter has his first practice on Monday and is so excited. They both have their first games this Saturday (pray for good weather!).

Carlee soccer practice

At church I helped throw together the Relief Society belated birthday party which was a lot of fun. I think I enjoyed the planning and the decorating more than the actual event because once I sat at my table I realized how tired I was. It was great though, we made the cute Martha Stewart tissue paper pom-poms, Sara S. grew some wheat grass in some cute pots for center pieces, and we served chicken salad sandwiches, veggie trays, giant cupcakes also made by Sara, and chocolate covered strawberries. YUM!! The party was great, I wish I would have taken more pics, but like I said, I was tired. I love being in the Relief Society, it is so fun.

Relief Society

We ended our weekend with a mini trip down to Columbus to go to the temple. It was great. Andy surprised the kids with staying at a hotel which meant swimming and a breakfast with bacon (I usually only make bacon for spaghetti so it was a treat for them.) It was such a great feeling to make the commitment to go and to follow through. I LOVE the temple and the peaceful feelings I get there.

Temple

The drive home was fun, Andy and I spent a lot of time discussing names and didn't get very far, the kids were exhausted from staying up late and waking up early, so they slept most of the way until we had to make a most important stop and Fin, Feather, and Fur where Andy was drooling over the bow selection and Tessa's was yelling deer at all of the dead animals all over the walls (I don't get it, but I love Andy Bush, so I'm in). We also stopped at the Cheesebarn for some ice cream and a potty break and just happened to pick up a couple of Amish handmade baskets. I didn't know they don't like their picture taken, I found that out after Andy asked, crazy.

pretty

Also on the drive home I saw a licence plate that said "CRAWLER" which made me think of a baby, which then made me think of "baby steps", which led me to think of What About Bob, which led me to decide that What About Bob is one of my favorite movies ever. Great weekend!! Now I am off to play a round of Pictureka with Porter....

4 comments:

andrea said...

Haha love the post! Staying at a hotel sounds very fun, and I am glad you got to the temple! Great pictures, and I wish wish wish we were there with you.

Jon and Tamara said...

What a special trip. I love that temple because it's close to where I grew up, in Dublin. You are such a cute family.

Lauralee said...

That is a busy week. I bet the temple was great. It is a trek though! Way to go and be pregant!

Coil Fam said...

Wow! I knew you had been busy, but when I see it all lined up, it's amazing. I love the picture in front of the temple. I can't wait to see you. I want to see a picture of the kid's rooms.