Thursday, May 6, 2010

Acting loco with the little banditios.....

Yesterday was Cinco De Mayo and we celebrated! I don't know the last time I ever celebrated that holiday, but we did this year and it was fun. I was able to go into Porter's class for the day and be a part of the party there which was great. We made tacos, bean burritos, ate chips and salsa, played Mexican instruments, and I even got to have a "Moc-arita" (parents only)! I read a book to the kids (Skippy-Jon Jones) and I couldn't help but talk like the Taco Bell dog (and on a side note, when we drove by Taco Bell the other day Tessa yelled out "TACO"). After school we came home and made tacos for dinner, I love Mexican food and can never have too many tacos or refried beans, so I think we are going to keep celebrating Cinco de Mayo every year!

5-6-2010CincoDeMayp 024

5-6-2010CincoDeMayp 025

5-6-2010CincoDeMayp 029

7 comments:

Erin said...

I love the picture of you and Porter in your sombreros, so authentic! What a fun day, and I agree you can never have too many tacos.

andrea said...

Yes on the Mexican food!! Glad you celebrated, it is very important! We had Filberto's and ordered tons of horchata. What an amazing day. :)
PS you look gorgeous

Kim said...

How Fun!! I don't get on blogs very often, but now I know you have one I'll have to keep updated, your kids are so grown up, can't believe it!

The Perks of Life! said...

I think it's so fun to celebrate the little things in life such as cinco de mayo. You know the kids will look back and remember those days! Caleb made taco salad to honor the day. And I love Porter's pose in the picture of his class. Hands on knee with the cutest smile ever. I always click on the picture to get a better look at his dimples but then it goes to flicker and the picture just becomes smaller. I can't wait to see those dimples in real life! Three more weeks!

Coil Fam said...

I am so proud of you. Mother of 3, wife of an ER doc, RS Secretary and ROOM MOTHER! You are amazing. Porter's teacher is lucky to have him for a student and you for her helper. I will never forget our time together in the work room. Next time I am wearing goggles!

danilawson said...

What a fun party. Shay did you talk with a little Mexican accent?! You look like such a fun Room Mother. Love you!

cfmomof1 said...

Shay, these are so cute. I miss you.....PS~ ONLY 90 DAYS TO GO?!?!?!?!