Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Seeing Art and Feeling Out of Place....

Yesterday we decided to go to the .......



It is free admission until May 31st and anything free is right up our ally. As soon as we got there I thought I had stepped onto the set of The Thomas Crown Affair (movie and soundtrack that I totally love). It is a real art gallery with guards everywhere watching your every move. It is a place where you feel afraid to speak out loud about rad some of the pieces were. We got approached by the guards multiple times about having the Kelty backpack in there, we still don't know why. Overall the place is amazing, something I have never seen before and proving to me once more that Cleveland has more to offer than I thought.


This was a wall in the museum that had a picture of what it looked like in 1916, today, and what it will look like 2012 when they are finished with rennovations.

A room in the museum that we clearly did not want to take the kids into although it looked amazing. I love the view through the other side of the glass.

This is the beginning of the Knight exhibit which of course was Porter's favorite part of the museum. The swords and armor are incredible and Andy and I wished we knew where they had been and who's hands they had touched.

(sorry the color in the pics are so off, the museum lighting was amazing for their exhibits but not for pictures, which we were only alowed to take in certain rooms)

3 comments:

andrea said...

I love the pictures!! They are great.....wish we could have gone with you.

Mike and Em said...

What a fun thing to do. There is nothing around here like that. What a good mom you are. I love, love, love that pic of porter at the end. Priceless! Love ya!

Lauralee said...

That really does look awesome. We are going to have to check that out!