Sunday, March 1, 2009

Meet Gizmo....

Yesterday, Andy and I did a big no, no, and got our family a dog. His name is Gizmo and he is a two year old Beagle/JR terrier mix. He has a ton of character and is able to keep up with the kids which is great. Andy and I have been looking for a while for a dog that would fit best for our family, one that was clean, happy, playful, house broken, did not jump on the kids, heart-worm negative, and up to date with shots. We think we found all of that with Gizmo and we are currently on a week trial with him.

We found him through this program called LOVE-A-STRAY, one of Andy's patients gave him the card, so we got on their website and there he was. We went to the house where he was living and visited with him and then Andy called to see if we could have him come and stay. So that is where we are now. Our first night with him was great, I have yet to hear him bark. I think my one complaint is that he is not very good at fetch. He wants to play and gets all excited, runs over to the ball........and then that's it, kind of funny. Wish us luck!!!

11 comments:

Ross & Stacie said...

I love it!!! I'm going to email you a picture of our dog. I let her grooming slide for a long time and I had to shave her. She is a Collie that looks like a rat. It's really strange to look at.

Mike and Em said...

Yeah! I am glad that you did it. I am sure the kids are in heaven. It was good to talk to you the other day. Love you!

Shannon said...

i am thrilled to hear you have a dog! gizmo is soooo cute - and how good that he is housebroken, doesn't bark, doesn't jump up - that's awesome!

dever4 said...

Holy Smokes! You guys got a dog! That is awesome! My sister and husband just got a dog too and she always said it would never happen. That is so funny!

Coil Fam said...

Perfect! A best friend for the kids and a constant companion for anyone who will sit and scratch his ears. A dog never complains, won't ask to borrow the car, doesn't have to go to college, is happy just being with you and doesn't insist on controlling the TV remote. Every girl should have a dog.

andrea said...

Oh we love him! All of us! Now Andin thinks it is time for a visit so we can meet Gizmo! Let us know how it goes, and congratulations!!! Having a dog is definitely hard work, but it is fun :)

Tomorrow Bachelor!! You hooked me, and I still can't believe it! Miss you like crazy.

andrea said...

PS those pictures are wonderful! Great job Shayzer.

The Perks of Life! said...

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! That is me freaking out right now! You and Andy need to have a date night and see the movie "Marley and Me." Grandma probably gave you the book to read but the movie is so cute! Oh and did grandma make a bet with you for the bachelor?! She's so funny. I wish all the girls including grandma could watch it together. Miss you soooo much.

Leymaster Family said...

Can't wait to meet gizmo!

Erin said...

What a doll!! Dog loving people are GOOD people!

Lauralee said...

wow! I bet the kids love him! How fun, Caleb would love to come over and meet him I'm sure . . .