Thursday, March 19, 2009

A much needed surprise....

Monday afternoon the kids and I had the best surprise ever. I was upstairs with the kids playing in Porter's room when I heard Andy pull in the driveway, we were so excited that he was able to come home in between his morning meeting and his shift at the hospital later that night.

As Andy was walking in the house I could hear him yelling up the stairs to me that we had a visitor. I assumed that it was a third year med student who has come over a few times with her dog. I sat up from feeding Tessa as I heard someone walk in the room and said hi ever so casually until I looked up and saw La La standing in the doorway. My jaw dropped and my head fell into my hands and the tears just started flowing. I was completely shocked obviously and so surprised!!!

I want to say right now that I am so proud of all of Andy's family for keeping the secret, although a few of you were hinting around, I never caught on, and the surprise was a success! I have doubted all of the Coil's for years and the inability to keep a secret (I have good reason) but I am just so proud.

We have been having a great time doing nothing. We have been playing games (Ticket to Ride and Guitar Hero) and talking till the wee hours of the morning. On St. Patti's Day we headed down to Cleveland for the parade, that holiday is huge here, it was crazy. It has just been so much fun. We are all so happy.






8 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Yeah, I kept a secret for a whole 3weeks. I am amazing! I know you are having a wonderful time and I love the thought that you are all sitting around the table in the evening, laughing, talking and just being together. Thanks for updating and adding pictures. I am so excited to hear about everything you are doing. Keep the posts coming so I can be a part of things. Love to all of you, me

Coil Fam said...

By the way, Shay, your pants look baggy. I think you have definitely lost a few. WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!

andrea said...

I wish I could have surprised you too! I am so glad you got to have family visit, that is always so fun!

D said...

Shay, I am so happy for you. I just wish I could have been there with you all. What a fun adventure for the kids. I love and miss you all. Hugs and Kisses. D

Mike and Em said...

HOw fun! What a fun surprise! It looks like you guys had a really fun time!

Lauralee said...

so fun! I wondered how the parade was. I wanted to go, but was afraid to brave it by myself! What a great surprise.

D said...

I just can't get over how much fun you all must have had. These pictures are amazing. I don't know if it is the picture taker, the people in the picture or just the background in the picture, but they are all so cool. I hope that someday I can come see you and see your house and your city. I love you all. D

andrea said...

I miss you bad.