Monday, August 4, 2008

Surviving

This past week has all been a blur. I really felt like we were in survival mode. Each day we woke up, ate, played, ate, played, took a bath, went to bed. Thanks to some great people in our ward I did not have to worry about meals, oh and thanks to me, I had a birthday, so we went to Cheesecake Factory, yes, with all three kids.
Tessa during her awake time
Porter, Carlee, and Tessa playing Disney Scene It, 2nd Edition
a wonderful game to play with the kids when you have a newborn.
Tessa got the answer right so she got a kiss
I am so lucky to have Porter and Carlee who love each-
other so much. Yes, Carlee has curlers in her hair, she
found them under the sink and wanted to have hair like
La La's wedding.
Andy took the kids to the dirving range today. He is so wonderful to spend time with them doing fun things. Tessa and I stayed home, I read Breaking Dawn, made a few phone calls, while Tessa slept and filled her diaper. She is exhausted.
Our funny moment of the week was Saturday when I was in the shower, yes a scary time for a mother with a newborn. Carlee and Porter came running into the bathroom saying that Tessa was crying and needed me. So of course I began to rinse my hair even faster than I already was. Carlee returned a minute later and said what I thought was "I rocked her." (Tessa was in the swing). So of course I said thank you and that I would be out in a minute. Carlee had a pleased look on her face, like she had been such a big help and returned again seconds later repeating herself that she had "rocked the baby". I could tell that I was not unerstanding her correctly and quickly got out of the shower. I walked to the baby swing only to find a sleeping baby. I asked Carlee to show me what she did to Tessa. Carlee took her hand and closed Tessa's little lips with her fingers. She did not "rock" the baby, she stopped the baby, by physically closing her mouth. I gave Carlee a hug and told her thank you for helping but we do not shut the baby's mouth or touch her on the face. Oh how I love my little Carlee helper.

4 comments:

The Hawkins said...

Holy Moly! Shay, I was so glad you commented on my blog. I didn't know you had a blog. I love all the pictures! congratulations!!!! What a beautiful little baby girl. And what a beautiful family you all make. It sounds like you've made the move well. It was so great to see you guys. We miss you! Heidi

Tiffany said...

Love the pictures. Your kids just keep getting cuter. Happy Birthday, I am glad you were able to get out! I just went to the cheesecake factory for the first time and I loved it! And about "little helpers" Carston would stack pillows on top of Anabelle if she was crying or not. So to shower I would lock her in the bathroom with me. I am so glad I was able to keep her alive! I also love the title of your blog, thats what I call life with a newborn, you just try to keep everyone alive. But it's so wonderful too!

Shellie said...

Shay, I love your blog! You know, ever since Wesley I don't even try to shower during the day. It's too risky around here unless Daddy's home, so I just shower at night so I can actually relax and enjoy! Oh, and about the matching girls dresses... I ordered mine from a new website I found called www.cutieclothes.com They have a great selection and lots of sizes! Take care and your baby is a doll!

The Lovinger's said...

ok, I was not lying when I said I was going through your whole blog! I was literally laughing out loud at the "I rocked her" actually being "I stopped her" hahaha!