Sunday, September 11, 2011

Warrior Dash....

It started like this in an e-mail from Andy "Shay, sign us up. I would love to do this and it is only 2 hours away from our house. Call some of your friends and see if they want to do it with us. Love you."

So being a loving and supportive wife, I did what Andy asked, and I signed us up. I also e-mailed a bunch of people, and should have realized it was a bad sign when no one else wanted to do it with us. But I have wanted to do some sort of race with Andy for a while so I jumped at the chance.

Here is the link of the race we participated in.

We got to the race site and it was crazy, there were people everywhere and they were covered in mud. I knew I was in for that, but I didn't fully understand the extent of the race, the hills, the heights, the level of difficulty. I don't know the last time I was that scared and I remember thinking during the race that it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Now that it is all said and done, I am not sure about that, I think I would do it again, just not by choice. Overall the race was fun and Andy was amazing and helped me through the whole thing. If it was not for him I probably would still be up on the 40 foot rope climbing wall. Here are some pics....

9-30-2011 001

9-30-2011 002

9-30-2011 003
A view of the whole set up.

9-30-2011 005
Our clothes in the trunk, they were so nasty!

9-30-2011 006
The parking lot. We were literally in the middle of nowhere.

9-30-2011 007
Andy and I in the car on the way home.

Some of the obstacles we had to do were running up giant hills covered in mud up to my ankles, swim over giant logs, up another hill and through more terrible mud, climb up and over the 40 foot rope, jump up into and back out of giant metal garbage cans, tire jumping, another wall with ropes, tire dodging, climb across a spiderman type net, walk a across a series of plank, up over wood walls and under barbed wire 5 times, another huge 30 ft wall that I said I would not do but decided to do and then I almost peed my pants when I saw the other side and how there was no wall, only ropes, and then there were more hills and I was dying, we jumped over fire, then swan through the mud pit, and crossed the finish line!! I think I covered it all. Wow, going back and thinking about it is quite scary, I cannot believe I did it.

I would also like to ad here that Andy is a serious stud. He is so strong and fast and he has no fear. I know it was killing him to go so slow with me, but he never left me. And after doing that he has decided to train for this beast. I know he's crazy, but I love him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Brian and I did the dirty dash up at Solider Hollow in September and had a blast. Your sounds a little more intense than ours was. So fun!