Saturday, September 3, 2011

Utah Part 2....

After my grandma's funeral I had two days of chill/hang out time with Andy's family. The timing was great that the kids hadn't started school yet, so there was major cousin time going on. The first day of chill I headed up to "Huupper" (as the Utah people say it) to Aubrey's house. It was great just being together, the kids were out on the tramp, on the slip n'slide, running around like the crazies they are, painting fingers, eating everything in Aub's house, just being kids. I made my famous bacon spaghetti for dinner, and by the time that was over I was pooped.

8-22-2011 001
The kids on the tramp, yes, I let Carlee on.....

8-22-2011 005
Little Logan, he played with the hose the whole time.

8-22-2011 008
Luke and Porter are so much fun to watch together.

8-22-2011 013
Madi chilled with Marin on the stairs and gave painted her toes for the first time!

The next day I made an executive decision that we were going to ride the Frontrunner train downtown to Salt Lake and go to temple square. We all met at the usual meeting place, then drove to the frontrunner station. Apparently there is a schedule you have to check before you go on the train, who would have thought, not me. So we ended up having to wait 1 hour for the next train. The only thing I could think of was to get creative with my camera, so while La La headed to the store for water and candy, I took pics of the kids.

8-22-2011 004
I think that all of the cousins are in this picture, except for Oaklee and Fischer who are about to be born!! Okay, never mind, we are missing Cameron...

8-22-2011 008
Boys

8-22-2011 009
Girls

8-22-2011 011
Porter and Luke doing a Spongebob thing.

8-22-2011 014
Shoe power

8-22-2011 022
D and her Logan

8-22-2011 026
Camera Attack

Salt Lake City Temple
The memories of Andy and I first dating all came flooding back when I looked up and saw this amazing place.

8-22-2011 031
Here we are, the whole crew. This was the first time that us girls had done something without KayLee (you were missed.)

8-22-2011 053
Little did I know what Porter was doing....

8-22-2011 056
now I know....

8-22-2011 077
Here is the peanut, she was so tired.

8-22-2011 082
Abigail is so sweet with all of the babies.

8-22-2011 086
More girls

8-22-2011 087
The two together look like Four Arms

8-22-2011 092
Love these girls

8-22-2011 096
mainly because we really look like this and it's all good.

So yeah, it was a good time, the whole thing was bitter sweet. The drive home was good, the kids were amazing again and did not complain. Andy and I kept having moments where we would just randomly ask each other "where are we going to go". We never once had to ask what we were talking about because it is clear what is on our minds right now and 25 1/2 hours is a long time to think about it.

Once again I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped me through this journey. It was unexpected and crazy and I could not have done it without all of you. Love to all, love to all.

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

So Sweet and So True!!! There is plenty of love and fun to go around. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of all the cousins altogether like that. That maybe one of my most favorite pics ever. I'll be there soon and we will make more memories. love u, me

Coil Fam said...

Okay...just did a head count on that cousin picture and there is one missing in action...Cameron...probably hanging off the edge of the train platform or something. Maybe we can photo shop him in!!!!

Erin said...

What a fun time!! I am so glad that we did temple square, such an adventure! All of the pictures turned out fabulous.