Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School 2011....

This was a big day for us, not just because it was the first day of school, but also because it was Carlee's first day of Kindergarten! The morning was great the kids were so excited to wear their new clothes and shoes (that I bought last minute...), oh and Porter was so excited about his new messenger bag for a backpack. The only issue that morning was that I could not get Carlee to eat anything! So off we went to take Porter to school, which was very hard for Carlee, she so wanted to go with him so bad, but our half day Kindergarten does not permit that. After we got Porter to his class, we headed back home and for the next 2 hours I had to listen to Carlee ask how much longer until Kindergarten started, and yes, she wore her backpack all morning.

8-7-2011 001
My P man lookin' all cute.

8-7-2011 002
Best buds for life.

8-7-2011 004
Porter in his class, can you tell he did not want me to take his picture.

Finally, it was Carlee's turn to go to school, and after forcing her to eat a half of a PB sandwich, we were off. For the first day of Kindergarten they asked the parents to go and be there with them to show them the ropes etc. So Andy and I were both able to be there and my friend watched the other girls for us. I really cannot explain enough how happy and excited Carlee was. She has been ready for this day for the past two years.

8-7-2011 005
Carlee and her best bud Wesley.

Carlee's first day of Kindergarten
We love our Car Car.

The big walk
Carlee had to run to the school, she could not walk.

8-7-2011 011
Making a kissing hand craft.

Charm braclet
I surprised Carlee with a new charm for her charm braclet that she got from her Uncle Caleb and Aunt Lauren.

Overall the first day of school was wonderful. To stick with our tradidtion, after school we went to Malley's for some super yummy treats, (I don't know how I am going to live without that place when we move from here.) I did not shed a single tear the whole day, the kids, especially Carlee are ready for this and need it, I was just so happy.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

oh my goodness. They are looking so big! Two kids in school! Two more to go! Marin is getting so big too. Rosie loves sitting on the dishwasher too! We miss you guys. Caleb told me the other day he really misses Porter because "Porter is so much fun!"