Sunday, September 27, 2009

26.2....

Yesterday Andy finished the Akron Marathon!! 3 hours and 33 minutes to be exact. Out of 1421 finishers he placed 175th, not bad.

I cannot believe that the day has come and gone, it has been talked about since the beginning of the year. Andy and his friend Dave have been planning and training for months and months. I am so proud of Andy for making this kind of commitment and sticking to it. And it was extra special that Andy's Mom and Dad could be there to see him do this. It was so exciting to watch Andy and Dave as they ran by and to cheer them on and to see the man that I love doing it so well and kicking bootie. I think Andy's marathon itch is gone, although he will continue with his original love of Adventure racing. Love ya honey, job very well done!!

9-27-09 001

9-27-09 013

9-27-09 009

9-27-09 026

9-27-09 017

9-27-09 032

9-27-09 034

After the Marathon we all had a little nap and then went out to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Both place were soooooo cool, I definitely loved the vibe at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame more. We had a great day and were so exhausted by the end, so to top it all off we hit Five Guys Burgers for din din. A perfect end to a busy day.

9-27-09 040

9-27-09 045

9-27-09 041

9-27-09 051

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!! We miss you guys

Okie Bloxhams said...

awesome! i love the blurry pic of him running, way cool. you're kids are so darn cute!!

Mike and Em said...

That is totally awesome! Good job Andy!

Leymaster Family said...

Aren't these guys awesome? It made me get the itch again!
I love that last one of him near the end. His face says, "what the heck am I doing, is it over yet?"

Jill said...

Way to go guys! They made it look so easy!

andrea said...

YAY! I can't believe it! That is amazing :) And PS that is NOT Tessa!!! Holy, I am dying to see you.

The Coombs Family said...

Way to go Andy!!! I am so proud of you too! I told Jaron that Andy was running this marathon and I saw a glimmer in his eye and he said, "that sounds fun!" Fun...maybe rewarding or exhausting but FUN! Great to see the pictures! As always, the kids look adorable! Miss you guys.